• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Hubby brought me home a White!!!

Diggin4fun

Okay, my Bounty Hunter(from ebay) hasn't arrived yet and I'm leaving town tomorrow....so I asked my dh to rent me a detector for the weekend. Well...instead him came home with a White Prizm III, headphones, bulleyes II & bag. WOO HOOTY! Now, I don't know anything about the White brand...but, I'm hoping it's a good one.

I spent 20 minutes out in our yard with my boys(8 & 6 yrs old) and we found 4 hotwheels, 2 dimes and 10 pennies. The oldest was a 68 penny. And I really had no idea what I was doing...first time out. Didn't even try the pinpointing feature on it yet... My boys had a ball...nice way to spend quality time with your kids :)

I can't wait for our outing this weekend!!! I'll post my finds when I get home.

Wow, I think he's still smitten !

Awesome that you got to share your first experience with your boys. You'll have two detectors so the boys can detect with mom.

Let's see some pics of your first loot.

Wow, what a surprise. My eight year old girl loves to go along with dad MDing. This evening she played with a toad most of the time.

Congrats on the new Whites!:tumble:

bootmud

Looks like some of the pennies have had acid dropped on them...very "eaten up" looking. And my youngest took the hotwheels straight to the hose and washed them off...lol!

Attachments

• firstfinds.jpg
    firstfinds.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 170
good luck. my kids are back and forth on hunting. The 16 yr old is consisitantly intersted, the 9 yr comes and goes. when they are on though . it is a great family passtime.

White

Congrats--The Whites is a good Choice-- You will have many a good times mding.--Just don't let Hubby take it away from you:lol::lol::lol:

Woooooooaaaaaahhhhh, what a husband you must have! I have a DFX made by White's and just love it. I also found around 20 hotwheels that were my kids. I wish I had purchased my MD YEARS AGO! Have fun!:lol:
GiGi

Glad you're having fun together.

Those rotten looking pennies are probably from 1982 or more recent. In 1982 they started making them out of zinc with a light covering of copper. They tend to disolve in the ground.

Congratulations and thanks for the story & pic.

The Prizim III is a nice machine. Pinpoints like a sniper rifle.

Next time he's at the MD store, ask him to get a coil cover for the Prizim too. They're only about $9 and will protect the bottom of the coil from the constant scraping, etc.

It sounds as if you're having fun, which is what it's all about.

It's nice to have a hobby which the family can all be involved with.

Back
Top Bottom