Minelab Sovereign GT Newbie

Pegster47

Hello all,
I am very excited to finally be a part of the MD hobby. This has been a dream of mine for many years and I finally have the time to devote to this new hobby.

I will be leaving on vacation this weekend, going to Lake Tahoe. I will be taking my new Solv with me without having any experience whatsoevery on how to use it. Should I just take the advice in the owners manual and use their settings?

I am very excited about looking for treasures in Lake Tahoe. We will be camping so I think the campgrounds will be a good place to begin my new hobby.

Any suggestions you can pass along will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Definitely take the manual with you... I would also suggest a laptop so you can log onto this site for advice... Good luck, HH RickO

Where are you comming from?? I would use auto mode until you get a bit more fimilar with the unit , also Did you get a meter as well with the GT ? Whatever advice is in the manual you would be best off to try and follow it, It may be overwhelming at first but remember swing the coil slow, and above all have fun and dont get frustrated, lots of people have gotten frustrated and put the detector in a closet only to collect dust......you may not hit a homerun every time out, but you can have fun every time out ........Take care

My best advice would be to not set your expectations too high. There is a pretty sharp learning curve with any detector and the Sov is no exception. I would very much advise reading the manual and going with the basic settings it recommends. Then after you've used the Sov for an hour or so read the manual again. And as someone mentioned, ask questions on the forum as the come up.

Back
Top Bottom