Tranquilizer Dart

Silversmith45

Elite Member
Is this a tranquilizer dart? I found it in a local park and it has a fairly large diameter needle. Actually I found it yesterday but it fell out of my pouch so I went back today and found it again so some kid wouldn't step on it.
Tranquilizer dart.jpg

The stuff we find in a park.. I have found Knives, Junkie needles, shell casings galore, live rounds, Nails that would scare Tetnis it self and now Tranquilizer darts.. Hope ya didn't get stuck with it.

probably so. I found one many years ago.. it was somewhat different from the one you found..

Sure looks like an early 40's era trank dart! Ya see, back during the War, there was a huge Gov effort underway to catch a lot of migrating Bigfoots to send to the front...Operation Sasquatch, They were used in various capacities....mainly to breach those thick French hedge rows and flip over Panzers...Everybody knows Bigfoots migrate right through Kansas yearly. Even to this day, Kansas is a natural funnel for various sorts of skunk apes, plus there was a decent rail hub for transport...So yeah....Great find! :laughing:

FWIW, in the parks and beaches around here, I find an amazing amount of these duck calls! See that one in front of the hand carved ivory spoon? Along with the petrified dinosaur trachea and Indian trade beads?? I dont know exactly why, but these duck calls are all over the place!?..The reed is gone, and when you blow on them they dont sound anything like a duck?...So I got my own mystery to figure out here....:laughing:

Attachments

• ice 3.jpg
    ice 3.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 237
Sure looks like an early 40's era trank dart! Ya see, back during the War, there was a huge Gov effort underway to catch a lot of migrating Bigfoots to send to the front...Operation Sasquatch, They were used in various capacities....mainly to breach those thick French hedge rows and flip over Panzers...Everybody knows Bigfoots migrate right through Kansas yearly. Even to this day, Kansas is a natural funnel for various sorts of skunk apes, plus there was a decent rail hub for transport...So yeah....Great find! :laughing:

FWIW, in the parks and beaches around here, I find an amazing amount of these duck calls! See that one in front of the hand carved ivory spoon? Along with the petrified dinosaur trachea and Indian trade beads?? I dont know exactly why, but these duck calls are all over the place!?..The reed is gone, and when you blow on them they dont sound anything like a duck?...So I got my own mystery to figure out here....:laughing:

Love the relics Mud! :laughing::laughing:
Keep blowing on that duck call, maybe just some sand stuck in the reeds. :lol:

Depending on its size, It could be a old injector evolved from the poison Pod used by some to inject a paralyzing poison into game animals (deer). I have seen some that were basically hypodermic needles attached to the ends of arrow shafts and injected the poison upon impact of the arrow into target. I think most states have long banned its use. The drug used was Succinylcholine Chloride very common in the vetinary field for euthanizing animals.

Last edited:
Let me know if that thing is refillable. I need something to help put my kids to sleep at night.

KT recovered one of those wicked things in a local park in the Kingdom a few years ago. Hollow needle and the syringe was spring loaded so it "snapped" the tranquilizer into the animal. Thing was this thing was in a city park. Just wonder if some Animal Control Officer shot it at a large dog they could not corner...KT assumes they missed and therefore could not find the setup.

After photographing, KT snapped off the needle and disposed of in the trash barrel!

If found in a park it's most likely a Animal Control tranqulizer dart. Look at the second one from top. 13889e54a9c34ddf7c9c028faf3d392e.jpg

If found in a park it's most likely a Animal Control tranqulizer dart. Look at the second one from top. View attachment 408569

note that some of those you picture have barbs and some do not! OUCH!

The one KT recovered did not but had some type of internal spring mechanism that due to inertia of the impact caused the injection. KT agrees with pest control dart!

Back
Top Bottom