Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Sunspot Scoops
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > How to Use Your Metal Detector

Old 02-28-2018, 03:50 PM
Supporter

Smile Machine Chatter

Hello,
I went back to the football stadium today where I was getting a lot of chatter in the areas where the underground electrical conduits are. I first tried changing frequency which did help a little but still a lot of chatter. I then turned down the sensitivity down to 4 bars. BINGO !! , nice and quiet and was able to find a lot of coins that I couldn't find before with all the noise and chatter. I am using an AT Pro and this does work for me. Maybe this will help someone else.
Bubbaron AT Pro & At Carrot Pin Pointer.

Old 03-05-2018, 08:54 AM

I've only been sing my ATP for about a month, normally around old home sites, and it sure does make a lot of noise. In my case, I think it is just picking up all the junk in the ground. With iron discrimination maxed at 40, it does quiet it down a lot. As others have suggested, lessening the sensitivity will help quiet it down too, but I guess at a potential loss of depth. I have noticed just slowing down and really listening can reveal targets among all of those trash signals.

Old 03-05-2018, 09:37 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by RF1 View post
I've only been sing my ATP for about a month, normally around old home sites, and it sure does make a lot of noise. In my case, I think it is just picking up all the junk in the ground. With iron discrimination maxed at 40, it does quiet it down a lot. As others have suggested, lessening the sensitivity will help quiet it down too, but I guess at a potential loss of depth. I have noticed just slowing down and really listening can reveal targets among all of those trash signals.
That is correctomundo.

1 members found this post helpful.