Getting around on the beach... Quickly!

That would be cool but I'd be to paranoid of it getting stolen while I'm out hunting:lol:

yup, was thinking the same thing. No matter where on the island you parked it someone would try to ride off with it. Still, a really nice set up and wouldn't mind trying it out on the beaches.

Thanks for the comments.
I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. It performs very well. I like the ability to easily move down the beach until I find a spot with targets. I can get to areas that you would have to walk miles to get to because of no access from the road. Of course Larry usually cleans it out before I get there.:lol:
I even drove it from Hanna Park to Huguenot (Jacksonville) took the ferry across the river. Only cost $1.00 for a bike. The Captain came down from the Bridge and ask what that was on the back:lol:
As far as someone stealing it, I have a cable lock that I user to lock it to something stationary or I run it thru the wheel and frame. I'm usually within a hundred yards of so and can keep an eye on it. I also have something that I can send their way at about 1100 fps should they decide to try and steal it.
If you count everything in the picture including the 3030, Aquaman is spot on with the cost. I enjoyed building it. It was kind of therapeutic for me so I won't include time spent.
You can build one cheaper if you already have a bike you want to convert and only go with 1 battery. I decided to use 2 so I would'nt have to call the wife for a ride again:D
Hey Kapi, I figured the cooling fan could do nothing but help with the controller. The real test is going to be this summer when even the breeze feels like a blast furnace:sun2:

Hi Folks,
Haven't posted in awhile. Been busy trying to survive having a manager ( who was suppose to allow me to at least semi-retire) get on Meth and damn near destroy my business.:gaah:
I've been working on building my new beach transportation for awhile now. I had built one with regular tires, but it didn't do to well when the tide came in and I was forced to ride in the softer sand. The additional drag from the soft sand would overheat the controller and motor, along with draining the battery down. I was left stranded once because of this and had to call the wife to come get me.:roll:
So, as I am pushing my bike through the soft sand, a guy on a fat tire bike cruises on by like he was on pavement.:wow:
Didn't take but a second to figure out that it was time for a new build.
The bike is aluminum frame. I installed a 48V 1200W motor on it. I put two batteries on it, one 30AH and one 20AH. That gives me a 40+ mile range and it will do 30+ mph on the hard pack sand.
It still has some drag in the soft sand but nothing like the other bike with the smaller tires. I install a cooling fan with a thermostat to help keep the controller from overheating. I stuck some blue LED effects lighting under the rear fender just for fun.
I've heard a few people say, as I'm going by, hey look its the Google Earth guy:laughing:
I was originally inspired to build my first bike by Larry (itsaring). I saw the one he built and said, I gotta have one of those:D
Thanks for looking and HH
Ben
Wow!

Brought to you by neurofen anti- inflammatories

That is one cool bike. I have thought about building one but on my beaches most have signs for no bicycles. Not sure if they enforce that though since I have seen fat wheels on them anyway. I know Jax allows bikes though so Larry is lucky.

As far as someone stealing it, I have a cable lock that I user to lock it to something stationary or I run it thru the wheel and frame. I'm usually within a hundred yards of so and can keep an eye on it. I also have something that I can send their way at about 1100 fps should they decide to try and steal it

Maybe figure out a way to wire the battery to the frame with a hidden switch so if anyone touches it they get a nice little shock 😀
Nice job!

That is one cool bike. I have thought about building one but on my beaches most have signs for no bicycles. Not sure if they enforce that though since I have seen fat wheels on them anyway. I know Jax allows bikes though so Larry is lucky.

Hey Greg, Good to see ya! I'm glad that bikes are allowed over here. When I'm near people (especially kids) I slow it down and act like I'm pedaling:D
Don't want anyone to have a reason to complain and get bikes banned on the beach. I'm lucky to get out once a month so I like being able to get around and make the most of it.

Maybe figure out a way to wire the battery to the frame with a hidden switch so if anyone touches it they get a nice little shock ��
Nice job!

You know, I like that idea:yes: Maybe a fence energizer. Man would that be fun to watch, touch the bike and end up on their butt:laughing:
Of course I would probable forget to turn it off at least 2 or 3 times before remembered to do so.

Back
Top Bottom