a few half reales from California :

That's a great bit of research into finding out WHY they may have been there,a pretty tight window and place in history for sure! Of course as you know I'm running the EX2 as well,splendid piece of detecting equipment for the silvers...and I run the 2 axis as well,just thought you might have checked the numbers...I assumed they'd read where you said. GREAT finds again,being "on ice" right now the next best thing is seeing stuff like that! Keep it up!:grin:

Whenever Salinas Tom makes a post, it's a good one!!

Congrats again, Tom, on finding the oldest coinage a treasure hunter can possibly find in CA! :thumbsup:

The 1801 1/2 Real is a beauty!

HH,
Dan

You're the only one I ever see posting Spanish silver from CA - clearly your research is more thorough! Keep it up and bravo! That 1801 is a real beauty.:yes:

Whenever Salinas Tom makes a post, it's a good one!!

Congrats again, Tom, on finding the oldest coinage a treasure hunter can possibly find in CA! :thumbsup:

The 1801 1/2 Real is a beauty!

HH,
Dan

Dan, thanx for the comments. But as everyone here knows, the California stud-muffin award for md'ing prowess goes to you! There's no one that can go into a sad-sickening blighted worked out urban park, and pull silver like you can.

And as for relicky ghost-townsy type searches (and gold coins!), that award in CA has gone to Ron in recent years.

I'll take the award for pre-gold rush era finds here in CA though, haha

I'll take the award for pre-gold rush era finds here in CA though, haha
You earned it, Tom! Your research, knowledge for the mission era sites is tops! You're not so bad Minelab hunter either. :lol: Did you make those finds with your Explorer or X-Terra?

Finds made with Exp. II.

The 705 has turned out to be a big disappointment. Got it because I saw a guy with a 305 (the little sister to the 705) using the HF coil and EFFORTLESSLY pulling conductive targets out from under nails and iron. He did this at an adobe/cellar hole type site we'd taken him too. Where all the easy-gimmees were harvested years ago (several reales found there too BTW). And now, the only place you can eak out any more at this site, is to fish through some heavy iron patches for yester-year's misses.

After seeing his hat-trick with the 305 and HF, I ran out and got the 705. I have never been able to replicate that success, despite trying all the functions to make it akin to the 305. For some reason, I'm doing just as well with small coil on Exp, so, why bother?

Wanna buy a cheap 705 ? :)

Wow Tom that's Reale nice there bud.

Great work buddy! Again your experience and fine expertise shows. Good digs!

Back
Top Bottom