If I post a link to a sound file of my MXT....

DeepBeeps said:
Mine does the same thing.

It does? I finally got around to E-mailing whites and I was told to simply turn down the threshold and hunt in silent mode, But that sounds too easy, lol.

The MXT is noisy, but if you learn it, you will be rewarded.

I will have to learn it because this Prizm IV I bought has almost no depth to it. I went to two parks and I could not get anything over 2 inches deep. There may not have been anything deeper though.
I am still considering purchasing an M6.

Bajanick, If I were you I would try using your MXT in relic mode. It seems to run a lot more stable and is more tolerable on the ears. I always run my threshold so that it is just audible. You can always run it in silent mode but you may limit yourself on the deep targets by not hearing the breaks in the threshold. Once you get used to the MXT you will love it because it will treat you well.

SteveMN said:
Bajanick, If I were you I would try using your MXT in relic mode. It seems to run a lot more stable and is more tolerable on the ears. I always run my threshold so that it is just audible. You can always run it in silent mode but you may limit yourself on the deep targets by not hearing the breaks in the threshold. Once you get used to the MXT you will love it because it will treat you well.

Ive tried that and it is more stable but the VDI shows buckle and whatever else its programmed to show. I really like the idea of having a Coin only detector and use the MXT for other stuff. I am going to keep playing around with the MXT though.
Thanks.

I guess for me I don't even pay attention to anything but what the VDI is. Once you learn the numbers there is no need to have the machine tell you whether it's a quarter, dime, nickel, etc. I think it is more about the consistency of the VDI and how the target sounds than anything.

Well I was playing around with the MXT next door at the empty house my landlord is watching and I seem to have found good settings, I managed to find One wheatie, a 58 roosevelt and a 54 quarter, but the quarter has a bad gash in it probably from a lawnmower. I had went over the same spots with the Prizm IV and it wouldnt hit anything. The dime and quarter were both 4" deep or more.

I guess I wouldn't complain about that for just learning a new machine. Once you get used to it you will be finding things much deeper. I have honestly found wheaties at a measured 8 inches. I'm curious what settings you found to work for you? By the way are you using the stock coil?

I was using the presets with the threshold set silent, but as close to a hum as possible and kept moving the gain up and down and settled on around 7. I was using the stock coil (I just put it back on) but I had been using a 5.3 eclipse before this.

Hi BN,

even for a starter to give a clue what a find in relic can be in coin/jewelry or reverse White's added the index chart below the LCD-display.

Helped a lot...

Bajanick said:
DeepBeeps said:
Mine does the same thing.

It does? I finally got around to E-mailing whites and I was told to simply turn down the threshold and hunt in silent mode, But that sounds too easy, lol.

Yes it does. I should have mentioned that I to run it in silent mode most of the time. I think it depends on the soil and how close power lines are to where you are swinging. At any rate it is still a great detector and fairly easy to use.

Back
Top Bottom