Places to Detect in NH

coinguy19

Hello, I'm new to the metal detecting hobby and I'm wondering if any of you guys know any good places to start looking in NH. Any advice will be appreciated.

Coinguy, welcome to the site and the hobby. Being an old N.H. guy myself, It would be useful if we knew what part of N.H you live in and plan to detect. We have a number of members up there that can give you some insight. You are living in a great state to detect. I come from the southwest part of the state. There are some people on the coast as well as up north. GL and H.H. :yes:..Gil

I live in Manchester, so I'd probably be detecting pretty near that area. I am also planning to hit Hampton Beach soon, if anyone could give me advice about good times or places to hit around there.

I wouldn't mind knowing of good places to hunt around Keene, Winchester area!

We were just at Hampton Beach a couple of days ago. There were 5 other people detecting the beach by the strip. I found mostly change, and a nice lighter.

This pic is from Hampton Beach state park which is down further, we didn't see anyone detecting there.

Hampton beach has metered parking so most of our change wound up back in the meter. If you are going to stay all day their are parking lots for 5 dollars a day. That
s much better than running to the meters all day. We had a great time there and if you like fish and chips eat at a little seafood restaraunt next to the Beach View Inn.

PS the water was like ice cubes. Not many people were swimming

Attachments

• hamptonbeach.jpg
    hamptonbeach.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 3,577
Welcome! If I dirt fish anything like I fish on the water, hunt any where I'm not! I am new at this as well, and in NH.
:laughing:

LMAO! Nice catch CT! I wonder if he is still dirt fishing, and if he has dug his way to fame and fortune.

Back
Top Bottom