Garrett ATX Pro Deepseeker

I wonder if anybody has one of those big Hoopdeedoo rigs sitting around? You know what I'm talking about...looks like a set of suitcases on each end of a stick? Like the Fisher Gemini 3?

It would be cool to try one out in a big clear area..not a park of course..maybe hunt for a deep posthole cache? What do you other Hunters use these rigs for? Deep old cast iron sewer line locators? Great big deep nuggets? Any Success?

I can imagine theres guys that rig up a large coil and mount it on a quad and ride around in the desert, or along flood plains, or farmers fields looking for stuff like large nuggets or meteors, buried trucks, steel drum barrels, or sunken riverboats even?

might be something to do sometime for a change of scenery..Anybody got any stories?

This might be helpful to our OP here...also something else interesting to talk about over the Winter!:laughing:

Last edited:
I wonder if anybody has one of those big Hoopdeedoo rigs sitting around? You know what I'm talking about...looks like a set of suitcases on each end of a stick? Like the Fisher Gemini 3?

It would be cool to try one out in a big clear area..not a park of course..maybe hunt for a deep posthole cache? What do you other Hunters use these rigs for? Deep old cast iron sewer line locators? Great big deep nuggets? Any Success?

I can imagine theres guys that rig up a large coil and mount it on a quad and ride around in the desert, or along flood plains, or farmers fields looking for stuff like large nuggets or meteors, buried trucks, steel drum barrels, or sunken riverboats even?

might be something to do sometime for a change of scenery..Anybody got any stories?

This might be helpful to our OP here...also something else interesting to talk about over the Winter!:laughing:

Hey Mud it is actually a heavy ATX pulse induction detector. You are thinking of the coils that went on the 2500.

Never used one but held one in a store once. Thing was built like a tank and looked like one as well. You could tie your digger to the coil on that thing and chop down a tree if you needed to.

At one time all the major md companies had one of these for sale, and many still do. They aren't advertised much anymore, and seem to be going the way of the dinosaur for the hobby division. Last time I looked Garrett still made them to be used with the GTI 2500, but honestly, how many could they have possibly sold?

Back
Top Bottom