Old Abandoned House

BRJ123

Elite Member
Question for anyone that might know:

There's an old abandoned house in a town near me that has looked the very same since I can remember. Aside from weeds and vegetation that grows and dies with the seasons it does not look like anyone has been there or made any sort of attempt to fix it up or sell it in years. It appears like the home is probably late 1800 to early 1900's.

The question is how on earth do I find out who owns it so I can ask their permission?

There is an app called Landglide it tells you property owners names and a rough idea on boundary lines.....it is awesome.......it would tell u who owns it

Question for anyone that might know:

There's an old abandoned house in a town near me that has looked the very same since I can remember. Aside from weeds and vegetation that grows and dies with the seasons it does not look like anyone has been there or made any sort of attempt to fix it up or sell it in years. It appears like the home is probably late 1800 to early 1900's.

The question is how on earth do I find out who owns it so I can ask their permission?

......just a thought, maybe you could offer to mow the yard in exchange for permission to detect there.

Really good idea! Thank You!

no problem, it's a win-win, they get the grass cut, you get to detect there, and it will likely be easier and safer with the grass cut too !

(make sure to take before and after photos so you can prove you did cut it in case the owner doesn't get back there for a long time and it's grown up again by then)

Here in northwest Indiana (Lake County) I use what is called "Lake County Surveyors GIS desktop web sight. Maybe your State and county has one.
You can zoom in on the map and get all kinds of information on the property. Owners name, value, taxes paid etc.
It's great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom