Show us your XLT deep silver program

BillZ

Elite Member
The wife and I finally can spend a little time out tomorrow. Up until now, the ground has been snow covered or frozen for about the last 6 weeks. Right before the big freeze I had my XLT updated with a new coil and software update by Whites so it has been a long and frustrating wait for a chance to get to use it.

Now that the XLT is in tip-top condition, I want to concentrate on finding deep silver in parks that I have already searched. I am curious to see other user's deep silver programs, what depths they have gotten with that program, and possibly what their reasoning is for specific settings.

I know that there are a lot of XLT owners out there...Let's see your programs!

I'll start with mine. It's a work in progress so any constructive criticism is welcome.

Target volume 56

Audio Threshold 23

Tone 226

Audio Disc ON

Silent Search OFF

Mixed Mode OFF

AC 44

DC 35

Backlight 1

Viewing angle 25

Ratchet Pin OFF

S.A.T. 7

Tone ID ON

V.C.O. OFF

Absolute Value OFF

Modulation ON

Autotrack ON

Trac View OFF

Autotrac Speed 14

Autotrac Offset +1

Trac Inhibit OFF

Coarse G.E.B. 38

Fine G.E.B. 148

Disc Edit Reject -95 to -41, Accept -40 to +94, Reject +95 (I get a lot of +95 here)

Learn Accept OFF

Learn Reject OFF

Recovery Speed 20

Bottlecap Reject 1

Visual Discrimination ON

Icons ON

V.D.I. Sensitivity 85

D.C. Phase OFF (sometimes I turn it on)

Graph averaging ON

Graph Accumulate ON

Fade Rate 7

Trans Boost OFF

Trans Freq 4

Pre Amp Gain 13 (or as high as I can go)

Wow, that's a huge Accept range, definitely worthy of more than just deep silver. That's a deep EVERYTHING program :lol:

Hey man, don't make fun of an XLT newb. :p

The large discriminate is for depth. The tone and VID tells you if it is silver.

I just tried Coinist' program at this link.
http://66.51.97.78/coinist/silverpgm.html

Seems to work pretty well. I went to my usual woods for 2 hours, found 4 wheaties, a 41' nickle and a 1918 Merc.

Nothing was very deep but I had more deep reading signals that I have before.

What software update did you get from Whites? Mine is running 1.1, but that's from the factory I think. I sent it in a few months ago and they didn't update the software but they did replace the PCB board.

I have an XLT as well, and am waiting for it to come back from their shop in Oregon. They put a new coil on as well as updated the circuitry and some other stuff. The only thing I notice on your program is you are accepting the negative scale readings, I tried that awhile back but I was only getting nails and rusted junk, I never found anything good while coinhunting and accepting negatives. Just thought I would let ya know.

Stang1968 said:
What software update did you get from Whites? Mine is running 1.1, but that's from the factory I think. I sent it in a few months ago and they didn't update the software but they did replace the PCB board.

I don't know what exactly was updated. I just remember the tech guy telling me that he did.

I have an XLT as well, and am waiting for it to come back from their shop in Oregon. They put a new coil on as well as updated the circuitry and some other stuff. The only thing I notice on your program is you are accepting the negative scale readings, I tried that awhile back but I was only getting nails and rusted junk, I never found anything good while coinhunting and accepting negatives. Just thought I would let ya know.

I don't dig the negative signals. Accepting negatives will give you more depth.

If I am hunting for silver, I normally wait for the tone discrimination alert me with a high tone.

Back
Top Bottom