More Civil War relics w/ F75 SE w/ 5 inch coil

KevinB

No buttons today, but the bullets and balls are almost equally satisfying. One bullet MAY have been dug out of a soldier. From what I've read and heard, alot, if not most, of the wounded Union soldiers were taken to the town for treatment of their wounds during and after the major battle near here. There are signs of an OLD house that was here before the OLD house that is standing there now. Old red brick and square nails litter the entire search area. I am finding all of this stuff in a very small area...about ten feet by twenty feet. There are a couple of items here that I cannot identify.
Anyway, I tried to take a close up of the bullet that MAY have been extracted from a soldier in terrible pain. Very clear rifling marks can be seen on the bullet as well as the impact area of the front part of the bullet. It looks very similar to muzzleloading bullets that I have removed from deer!!! I hope that the picture is clear enough for you to see.
All of my finds today where detected using the 5 inch coil that comes as an accessory to the F75 Special Edition (same as LTD?). My settings today: Disc. 4 , Sens. 65, Tones 2F, Mode Boost Process.
001-12.jpg

002-10.jpg

Great finds! Can you run the sens higher than 65? Around here I run 95 at my cellar holes with disc 6. Disc 6-12 really seems to calm it down and let you run it hot. In area's by power lines and homes I can run about 85.

Great finds! Can you run the sens higher than 65? Around here I run 95 at my cellar holes with disc 6. Disc 6-12 really seems to calm it down and let you run it hot. In area's by power lines and homes I can run about 85.
I could have run the sensitivity hotter and still be manageable, but the relics seem to be in the 4 to 6 inch range. The ground is filled with nails, and I have fewer false signals to deal with at lower sens setting.

Nice finds wish we had that civil war stuff around here but was very little activity around our area and no skirmishes that I can find . Most fighting was farther south of here . Very nice finds Congrats

We never had any battles around here during the CW just tons of troop movement. We did have a good amount of Rev war battles though. I did have some luck finding CW buttons at one site where I grew up, they began digging trench works in July 1863 when it appeared Lee would take Gettysburg and move north and hit Philly, it would have been the largest battle in American history had it happened, the down side is I wouldn't be able to detect it anyway since it would all be a National Park. :)

Back
Top Bottom