Pasture field finds (England)

Doug

Elite Member
I managed to find one pasture field that was reasonable dry last week, all the raked/ploughed fields were far too wet.

Due to the electric fence being turned off I went back to my normal low frequency.

Deus Lite, Deus fast but on 8 kHz's with two tones and the 11 inch coil, V2 software.

Thanks for looking.............Doug.

Hammered silver coin.

Various artefacts.

Various buckles and bits of.

King John cut half 1199-1216.

Queen Elizabeth 1st 1558-1603.

Bucket list is me in England digging some of these treasures. Always a pleasure looking at your finds.

Awesome! Would love to know the story behind the half coin!

Thank you.

Coin is made like that by the Royal Mint to act as small change.

Bucket list is me in England digging some of these treasures. Always a pleasure looking at your finds.

Thank you Mike, although I don't find many buckets here in England!

You and me both brother, book that trip!
Did you see the "mike" that hammered coin left in the dirt?:lol::laughing:

Thank you, field not ploughed for a lot of years so it is possible over time to see the imprint.

More silver to follow with the odd surprise amongst them.

Do you just rinse the dirt off the coins or use chemicals on them?

Doug, everytime I see your posts from across the pond I have to kick myself for not being into detecting when a spent 3 years stationed over. I'm excited to hit the 1800's coin here. Most of your modern houses are older then that. Couldn't imagine finding the stuff you do.

Doug, everytime I see your posts from across the pond I have to kick myself for not being into detecting when a spent 3 years stationed over. I'm excited to hit the 1800's coin here. Most of your modern houses are older then that. Couldn't imagine finding the stuff you do.

Thank you, I do live in a historical part of England which helps in this hobby.

Great finds Doug!

Thank you.

Great group of finds, congrats!

Thank you, surprise find of today was a 1930's made in the USA Russwin key, found a local field.

Hi Doug, I sure enjoy looking at your finds. The history behind all of that stuff. Them old coins are great. If we find a coin that is 100 years old, We have a hissie fit. Our newer coins here are clad. After they are in the ground for a year or in the water. They are all eaten up. Some have holes rotted through them or the edges are all going. The banks wont ever take them. Keep them ole pictures coming... KEN

Hi Doug, I sure enjoy looking at your finds. The history behind all of that stuff. Them old coins are great. If we find a coin that is 100 years old, We have a hissie fit. Our newer coins here are clad. After they are in the ground for a year or in the water. They are all eaten up. Some have holes rotted through them or the edges are all going. The banks wont ever take them. Keep them ole pictures coming... KEN

Thanks Ken, I have some more 'old silver' from this week to go up on the forum soon.

Back
Top Bottom