A question about Detech 10x5" SEF WSS Coil

DFXNH

Hi,

I searched and did not see an answer for this question, if I did miss it I am sorry for a repeat question.

I want to use it on my DFX I know it has very good reviews for land hunting which I will be doing mostly.

But once or twice I go to the beach to hunt, I was looking to see if the Coil is waterproof? I sometimes hunt close to the surf and my coil dips into the water a few inches.

I just don't want to buy a new coil and ruin it or if it is not waterproof I might just but a different coil all together. My stock coil just died:(.

Thanks for your help
Joe

Detech coils waterproofness answered

Joe, a little late I know, but here's the reply I received from the Detech Coil distributor about the Ultimate coil and the 10x12" SEF. It mentions that all Detech coils are waterproof:

"Both are great coils with enhanced sensitivity and depth, the new 13in Ultimate is the latest offering from Detech with the new windings and would be a bit deeper over the 10x12 SEF. All Detech coils are fully waterproof, (can be submerged totally with no leaks). Some companies list their coils as water resistant and will not replace if used under water. Detech also offers a 2yr warranty on the coil.

Thanks,

Rege"

Hi,

I searched and did not see an answer for this question, if I did miss it I am sorry for a repeat question.

I want to use it on my DFX I know it has very good reviews for land hunting which I will be doing mostly.

But once or twice I go to the beach to hunt, I was looking to see if the Coil is waterproof? I sometimes hunt close to the surf and my coil dips into the water a few inches.

I just don't want to buy a new coil and ruin it or if it is not waterproof I might just but a different coil all together. My stock coil just died:(.

Thanks for your help
Joe

Back
Top Bottom