Yay! Finally got back on the gold train...

yrekadude

Elite Member
Yesterday and last night we had powerful windy rainstorm in the bay area and Santa Cruz.. I was happy to see that the weather changed for the better today so I headed to the beach..

I had a great day, started out kinda ho-hum and the first beach I hunted I about had a heart attack climbing the trail back to my car (Greyhound Park beach).

I drove from Santa Cruz all the way to half moon bay, metal detected there for an hour or so, then came back south to a beach I passed earlier and saw a lot of exposed rocks on the beach.. to my delight.. a large cut!!

picture.php

I detected there for about 20 minutes finding some deteriorated coins that made me feel hopeful I might find something good then BAM!

picture.php

I detected the area more until it started raining heavily and then headed home and weighed it :) about 5.7 grams!

picture.php

Thanks for looking and happy hunting!

Metal Addict, there sure was a lot of black sands! there were some areas my explorer was nulling out and going crazy.. take a look at this pic I forgot to post..

picture.php

damn! Might as well keep it as a spare wedding band :laughing:! she wouldn't even know the difference!

hah, on a serious note congrats on that beauty, it's got some very nice weight to it,

Mike

Back
Top Bottom