Rare big silver..pics added

flyguy784

Elite Member
As soon as the sun pops up I'll get some pics for ya. You gotta see this thing. I've been out of town for a few weeks now. Got a week to be home. Called my brother day before yesterday and said let's dig. I was told ok but might have snow, I couldn't care less, I was dying to get out. Woke up and sure enough it was snowing with an inch on the ground. But a warm air temp and days of above freezing temps made it possible.
My brother only had a couple hours to spend so we got right at it at 7 AM. I won't bore you with the play by play, just give you the results. My brother....two flat buttons and three KG's. Me.....one KG, one 1792 half reale and the eye popper.....a 1795 USA flowing hair half dollar. I understand it's a fairly rare coin. I can't believe my first "big silver" is such a special find. As I said, let me wake up here, get some light and I'll get some pics up. I just couldn't wait.

Wow! Amazing. Can't wait to see pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you trying to kill me? Drink your Irish coffee :drinkcoffee: eat some spam and eggs and post the pic. My heart can't take it.

WOW!!!!!!!! Get that baby slabbed!!!!! Beautiful Flowing Hair Half!!!! Rare coin right there!!!

Thanks guys. When I saw that edge, poking out of the mud I didn't even think it was a coin. My plan is to send it out to get graded etc. Haven't had to do that on any of my other coins but this one will be the exception. If it does turn out to be worth beyond $2,000, I'll probably sell it. Get my 17" coil and some materials for the house. I love the coin but want to be sensible.
Any thoughts on whether I should enter it in any "finds of the month" thing? Wouldn't know where to begin with that either.

Good lord thats a sweet coin! Congrats! I'd be hitting that place hard.

Back
Top Bottom