Finally back Civil War hunting!

Seven

Forum Supporter
Well it finally got cold enough to run the snakes in so I'm back in the woods at our Union campsite. Picked up several Colt .44's, some .58 Swags, and a variety of buttons. The Eagle cuff buttons are all General Service. These finds are over the past week. Glad to be back hunting.

42c1bcb6fd13ca15c5f38c81aab306ee.jpg

63fe56b397a28a4f85f114d63997c46d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great hunt, Seven! Glad to see you're back out. Did you video this hunt? I've enjoyed watching your other videos.

You flat buttons cleaned up nicely. how did you clean them?

Thanks Chip. I tumbled some of the heavy thick flat buttons. Glad to be back hunting. Haven't done any video work this week but might later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice finds. Not a bad week back.

Yeah a pretty good week. Going back over areas that have we have already hunted very hard, but going slow and digging every signal. It is amazing how far off the numbers bullets will read in the woods. Anyway, glad to be hunting and best of luck.

Wow you did well. I really like those buttons.

Thanks 7. I've hit a couple of spots that produced multiple buttons. Don't know why they would have been concentrated the way they were. I found 4 cuff buttons within a 2 foot radius, but not a single larger button in the area.

Very Nice, it's Always a pleasure to see more Kentucky relics and hope you can get some more digs in before the real cold temps get here. Bill

Back
Top Bottom