Wonder why there are so many bad lawyer jokes?

It's NY , this is the norm for doing business here . We lose mega amounts of cash , Buffalo Schools , unfair bidding , list goes on . The one thing we really do manage well is parking tickets !!! Welcome to NY , here's your ticket ! :lol:

I wonder what the statute of limitations is for theft, if it was less then the 8 years the lawyer was paid then there was no reason to go past the statute of limitations. (and after all that it was determined no crime was committed anyhow :shock: )

Not saying it happened in this instance, but it makes you wonder if it was just an oversight for city officials to let it go on that long or if there was any kickbacks paid to look the other way :?:

Ya think?

At $300/hour the break even point was at about 16 hours.
They paid this guy for 1733+hours.
He cut them a deal though so that was nice of him.
Never did find anything he was looking for...imagine that.
He probably knew he wouldn't by the fifth hour, I bet, but why kill the golden goose?
Churning is the term I believe they use in the finance biz or a form of it, anyway.

“I have a sense of professional disappointment,” he said when he gave up....probably while sitting on his fairly new boat.

The city officials that let this go on, I would be looking at them and any errant deposits to their bank accounts if I was in charge.

Have you heard that medical research labs are now using lawyers instead of white rats?

They found that the researchers do not get as attached to the lawyers and besides, there are somethings that even a rat won't do.

Back
Top Bottom