garrett Z-Link missing parts

Pastor Bob

Elite Member
Got my Z-Link this week but it was missing the strap to connect it to the detector. No big deal as I am sure garrett will get me another, but has anyone else come across this?

Got my Z-Link this week but it was missing the strap to connect it to the detector. No big deal as I am sure garrett will get me another, but has anyone else come across this?

Contact them, just the black rubber band that goes around the transmitter and the shaft? They can get that to you asap, probably even send you a few of them for backups too.

Hit up the hardware store, they have all sizes in the specialty nut/bolt/ section. Garrett will make it right but you could get one locally.

It was a sponsor but its not his fault. He is helping me

If you could PM me with the sponsors name. I just wanted to see who had it in stock and ready to ship out. I looked around but the place I normally get items from is out of stock on them and the adapter for the AT Pro.

I would rather purchase/support from a sponsor of our Forum if possible.

If anyone knows who has them in stock please PM me or reply to my post. Thanks

Thanks everyone for the PM's and reply.

I ordered mine today from 1 of our Sponsors.

Thanks to Metaldetectors.com for the help and getting my order in over the phone to verify they did have them in stock.

Had them shipped 2 day priority and hopefully will get some use out of them and I will post a review later.

Called garrett on Monday and talked to one of their reps. He shipped one out to me that day. Great service. I knew they would treat me right I just thought if others were having issues with that band not being in the box that Garrett might want to know that

Called garrett on Monday and talked to one of their reps. He shipped one out to me that day. Great service. I knew they would treat me right I just thought if others were having issues with that band not being in the box that Garrett might want to know that

GARRETT HAS ALWAYS HAD TOP NOTCH CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! Any time I have needed assistance, they took care of it immediately, on their dime. That's service right there!

Thanks everyone for the PM's and reply.

I ordered mine today from 1 of our Sponsors.

Thanks to Metaldetectors.com for the help and getting my order in over the phone to verify they did have them in stock.

Had them shipped 2 day priority and hopefully will get some use out of them and I will post a review later.

Was just wondering if you received your Garrett Z-Lynk system? I ordered the system also from the same vendor.
Thanks

Anxious to see some reports how the z- link does In the field , let us know your thoughts !
HH

I've tested on a few detectors:

Fisher/Teknetics/BH detectors = excellent!
Makro Racer = excellent!
X-terra = excellent!
E-trac = very good, very slight muffling of audio and occasional ping or hum during tones depending on volume settings of the detector and headset. Not a big deal but worth noting.

As far as missing band, I've had some people report this. It's very easy to overlook as it's the same thickness as the 1/4" adapter and tucked along side. Here is a picture for any future internet searches reference this. Note, I check every one before I ship due to the reports of the missing band/strap and still get reports it's missing. :)

Attachments

• 20170205_193439.jpg
    20170205_193439.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 207
I've tested on a few detectors:

Fisher/Teknetics/BH detectors = excellent!
Makro Racer = excellent!
X-terra = excellent!
E-trac = very good, very slight muffling of audio and occasional ping or hum during tones depending on volume settings of the detector and headset. Not a big deal but worth noting.

As far as missing band, I've had some people report this. It's very easy to overlook as it's the same thickness as the 1/4" adapter and tucked along side. Here is a picture for any future internet searches reference this. Note, I check every one before I ship due to the reports of the missing band/strap and still get reports it's missing. :)
How far away can the MD be from the headphones . My wife and I hunt together , I do the diggin we switch off swinging the ATP. Since we hunt the woods a lot we carry a pack and tools , so not looking for a 2 nd. MD . Also her hearing is better so , at times I might swing ,watch the vdi . So how close would we have to be to each other .

How far away can the MD be from the headphones . My wife and I hunt together , I do the diggin we switch off swinging the ATP. Since we hunt the woods a lot we carry a pack and tools , so not looking for a 2 nd. MD . Also her hearing is better so , at times I might swing ,watch the vdi . So how close would we have to be to each other .

I believe 30ft. I will verify. I've tested 15ft with no issues.

anyone tried one on a whites detector, I have the mxt. really want to get rid of the headphone tether, it is annoying when i sit the machine down to dig and pull the headphones off by accident while digging.

Back
Top Bottom