First dig

Mcfly

Hello,
Total newbie here. I have been wanting to try metal detecting for many years and I finally purchased a Garrett ace 250 detector last week. I took it out today to my parents farmland to play around . I had it set to all metal so I could get used to the detector. I was only out 30 minutes because it was dumping rain. So my first find was this monster which appears to be some sort of farm equipment.
first find.jpg

Attachments

• second find.jpg
    second find.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 232
Welcome from Ohio!!! Digging everything is a great way to get started.....you will find good stuff soon!! GL and HH!

Welcome from Kansas. Let we Warn you, this hobby is addictive. Good Luck and Happy Hunting.

Welcome to the forum and glad you joined the hobby. Keep digging everything just to learn what the stuff sounds like.

I'd suggest to find a stretch of land that is metal free and bury common coins, silver coins, jewelry, smashed soda cans, pull tabs, and small pieces of junk so you can learn exactly what that stuff may sound like. I'd tie/tape string with tags on the end to everything so you can go over things several times and work on learning the machine. Becoming one with the machine is key.

GL & thanks for the post.

Congrats, and welcome from SW WI

I believe this is conclusive proof that either the Knights Templar were there to bury their treasure OR, it there was some other activity such as farming on this property!

Looks like you are on a very old site! Keep hittin that place, there are some goodies there to be found!

Awesome find, keep it up. If you're on an old farm you will find a lot of great stuff. Good luck. Wise to begin with the machine in all metal mode to get used to the tones. Your head is in the game!

Back
Top Bottom