Deteknix Digger

jayhawk

I picked up a Deteknix digger late last fall. Got to first us in in spring. Used it for a month or tw, then switched to beach hunting for the summer. Finally got back out in the dirt 2 days ago and a few plugs into the hunt this happened. Emailed them and they said unfortunately this isn't covered by warranty . Guess I'll be going back to my Lesche

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 561
How is that not covered by warranty? Geez, I thought that was a good looking slim type digger and thought about getting myself one.

I'm not sure how it's not covered myself. It cut a nice plug and felt solid but just didn't hold up

Same happened to one I had, only had it a month when it broke. Was able to get it replaced under warranty. Now it just sits as a backup to my lesche.
If I have to use it will limit any lateral force on the blade.

Thought the SS would be good but it does not hold up to prying a plug

Go with a lesche unless you have very soft soil

Wow

Bummer... I have the Whites Digmaster now for a bit... hasn't broken yet ( and AZ Ground is brutal... especially in summer). Also, my Lesches from PTools is still going strong...

Man, I would have "thought" though that that kind of break would be exactly what the warranty would cover... sort of surprised I reckon.

Happy hunting!

Ron

I've seen a lot of fancy lookin' new diggers on the market but never bothered to try them. My Lesche/Predator stuff has been outstanding, so never saw a need to get anything else. From the looks of those pics, I'm glad I didn't. Yikes.

That happened just digging a plug? No rocks or anything? I've been using a diamond digger for some time now and I'm not easy on it, use it to pry rocks, dig through roots, and this year it's been so dry alot of the ground is very hard, So far I love mine, no problems at all. It will be interesting to see if others start having similar problems or maybe that's the one bad apple in the bunch. As much as I like mine I don't like the idea they wouldn't cover it under warranty. I also have a White's digger I like equally so from now on I'll make sure I have it as a backup just in case mine suffers a similar fate.

Probably has a lifetime warranty until you insert into the ground.

sticking the digger into the ground is abuse and voids the warranty and is uncalled for!!!!

That happened just digging a plug? No rocks or anything? I've been using a diamond digger for some time now and I'm not easy on it, use it to pry rocks, dig through roots, and this year it's been so dry alot of the ground is very hard, So far I love mine, no problems at all. It will be interesting to see if others start having similar problems or maybe that's the one bad apple in the bunch. As much as I like mine I don't like the idea they wouldn't cover it under warranty. I also have a White's digger I like equally so from now on I'll make sure I have it as a backup just in case mine suffers a similar fate.

No rocks just normal soil was surprised as it seemed good right up till that point

Bummer... I have the Whites Digmaster now for a bit... hasn't broken yet ( and AZ Ground is brutal... especially in summer). Also, my Lesches from PTools is still going strong...

Man, I would have "thought" though that that kind of break would be exactly what the warranty would cover... sort of surprised I reckon.

Happy hunting!

Ron
I thought that's what the warranty would cover, but I guess they got my money already so they don't care

Glad I didn't order one of those.
I have a lesche but wanted to try something different, other than a trowel...I ordered one of the Treasure Wise diggers that's shaped like those hori hori knifes....hopefully that holds up.

It might be wise to limit purchasing those products until the current law suit against Deknitix has been resolved.

Sorry to say but this company has many problems in the past. And the past is a very short span as this company is still fairly new.

I picked up a Deteknix digger late last fall. Got to first us in in spring. Used it for a month or tw, then switched to beach hunting for the summer. Finally got back out in the dirt 2 days ago and a few plugs into the hunt this happened. Emailed them and they said unfortunately this isn't covered by warranty . Guess I'll be going back to my Lesche

Try a direct contact with them by phone or PM from here as they are sponsors.
I have read where others with broken diggers have gotten them replaced.

Glad I didn't order one of those.
I have a lesche but wanted to try something different, other than a trowel...I ordered one of the Treasure Wise diggers that's shaped like those hori hori knifes....hopefully that holds up.

I'm not sure if the Treasure Wise digger has the blade go all the way through the handle like the Hori-Hori knives do. I have been using the 3-in-1/Hori-Hori knives for over thirty years and never had one feel like it might break and I'm hard on them.

Back
Top Bottom