Omega Mill Relic Elite Pouch - VICTORY BAG

BRJ123

Elite Member
Hi Everyone,

30 seconds of background is I used to hunt beach exclusively on vacations and decided I really wanted to get into the hobby and hunt dirt/parks/fields etc. when I am at home. In my opinion, for a beginner, land hunting is a much more difficult scene to get into because of several things and for me the most difficult was the equipment barrier. I got a new type of detector, pinpointer, coin probe, plug towel & lesche digger but yikes how do I manage all of this stuff and still have fun hunting?

The answer came from this forum by way of reading someone else's review but I really wanted to sing my own praises for the Omega Mill Relic Elite mesh bottom pouch. It's extremely well made and has so many accessible pockets. The mesh bottom comes in handy for me because I put all my trash in the main section and dirt and dust can fall right through the mesh bottom instead of collecting in the bag.

One of the best parts about this pouch is it has a built in holster for your pinpointer, and since the pouch is on a belt you can hang your lesche digger tool sheath from it as well. A coin probe and plug towel fit nicely inside the open top design and make your tools all openly accessible by one hand.

It honestly has made things so much more manageable for me while learning the trade that I can focus more on searching, digging and enjoying the outdoors. from a cost to usefulness ratio this bag honestly is one of my favorite "tools" I own and it feels to me like it will last a very long time.

I promise this isn't a paid advertisement but here is a link to the pouch. I hope someone else can buy one and enjoy it as much as I am enjoying mine. Well done OMEGA MILL!

(http://www.ebay.com/itm/Relic-Elite-Metal-detector-pouch-Garrett-Model-/331956119127)

Omega Mills makes great stuff. I bought the Relic Elite, but it was too big for my needs. I later found out they make the Coin Elite pouch, which is smaller, and perfect for me. I've been loving it. The pic below shows the size difference. The Relic Elite has rigid sides. The Coin Elite is very flexible, and can be closed at the top. Out of the box, both pouches ride pretty high on the belt. I modded the Coin Elite by adding hanging loops, cutting off the PP cuffs, and adding a Velcro strip closure for the top of the pouch. The loops drop it 4 1/2" below the belt. I wish I had known about it before I bought the Relic. You can't go wrong with either, as far as quality goes.

Attachments

• IMG_20160524_002327.jpg
    IMG_20160524_002327.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 1,499
  • IMG_20160524_002235.jpg
    IMG_20160524_002235.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 1,608
Last edited:
I've had their beach pouch for some time, and love it! I have the relic pouch on its way to me, now. Wasn't really looking for a new pouch, but it was part of a package deal I bought. Now I'm pumped about it! My old Garrett pouch is getting a bit worn... :yes:

Mine arrived today. Love it! There are some pockets I don't know the purpose of, like the very shallow Velcro pocket in back bottom, but like my beach pouch there is a strap that should be sewed but isn't. Guess I have some glue repair to do... :roll:

I posted this in another thread, so figured I would post it here. A review of sorts or maybe just a demo looksie since I haven't actually used it yet enough...:laughing:

I bought the Omega Mill "Relic Elite" and personally, it has been too bulky for my little short totlot hunts. The weather is beginning to cool now, so I might be able to enjoy it more using it on longer hunts now though? Maybe? It's very well constructed and has sheath holders on both inside edges of the main pouch for a Lesche, but my White's Digger is serrated and tries to grab the edges when sliding it in, not an ideal fit for serrated. It does have a pinpointer holder on the side and plenty of pockets, a main zip pocket on the front too.

The sewn in belt kinda makes the pouch really lean into you if loaded up with digger etc... It would be better if modded like the post above with loops on top and the belt guiding through those. Long pocket in the side for things like a flashlight.

It has this bottom velcro "finds pocket" on the bottom, but honestly I wouldn't put anything there because I'm afraid it might unknowingly fall back out around the velcro. Kinda odd to me to not make that zippered too.

This one has webbing on the bottom to let dirt fall through, it's very strong webbing though. Also 2 smaller pockets on the inside pouch (hard to see but the pinpointer is facing in one and the other is right beside it) which is nifty.

Like I said, I haven't had a need to use it really yet but will try it out on longer hunts soon. I'm thinking a cheap nail apron with 2 pockets is all I need for totlots right now. One pouch for finds and the other for junk. Anyways, people swear by the Omega Mills and it is quality construction just haven't had the chance to test it out fully yet.

Oh, that's a finds pocket? Not sure I'd use it for anything I'd want to hold on to. Agree that a zipper would be better. Or Velcro all the way across.

Not sure I want to use those pockets for my lesche, either. I'm thinking of making a plastic liner to protect the fabric, then maybe I'll use them.

Again, I think this is a great product! It just has some room for improvement.

Oh, that's a finds pocket? Not sure I'd use it for anything I'd want to hold on to. Agree that a zipper would be better. Or Velcro all the way across.

Not sure I want to use those pockets for my lesche, either. I'm thinking of making a plastic liner to protect the fabric, then maybe I'll use them.

Again, I think this is a great product! It just has some room for improvement.

Yeah, it could be improved a little. There are sheaths built on the inside of both sides for diggers so it's pretty universal as far as left or right handed, but a serrated digger is a problem trying to get it in because they catch on the sheath top, it's a very tight fit...which is good and bad depending on your digger. It is very quality constuction and heavy duty material and stitching though, so no issues about it being cheap workmanship in any way.

I agree, that velcro "finds pocket" on the bottom is just weird. The idea about it that I saw was it's like a "hidden pocket" for those special finds. You could easily slide anything in there, but I think it could easily just slide back out too, just my take on it since the pocket doesn't actually run beneith the pouch but more along the bottom outside - only about 1 inch deep vertical. This is the mesh bottom model though, so maybe the model with the full bottom goes all the way under the pouch and that pocket is larger and flat? If so, then that would be decent to keep something in place under the actual pouch...

I paid $42 straight from Omegamill on ebay, so it's worth the money just by the material construction of it and durability, I just haven't had much use for it because I don't go out and detect away from my vehicle for longer than an hour yet. You could drop this sucker off a skyscraper and then run it over with a Brinks truck and it would still look perfect, it is that type of heavy duty!

Here's his store direct on Ebay if anyone is interested. Shipping took awhile because I believe he makes them to order. Took about 2 weeks to get it.

http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?sid=omegamill&_pgn=1&isRefine=true

Back
Top Bottom