Advice on purchasing

bushwacker97

I am new to metal detecting and do not yet have a metal detector. I welcome any advice you more experienced members might have. First of all I'd like to know what qualities and features are important in a detector. I would guess one feature would be how deep underground it can detect things. I'd also like to know what brands are considered the best. Viewing some posts on this forum, it looks like Fisher is a good brand as is White, but I would like to know what you collectively think about brands. Any advice you could give me would be appreciated.

Welcome from Kansas and ANTIQUES DETECTORS !. What type of "detecting" are you most interested in , ie... coins, relics, gold, water hunting, ???

Most brands have a few good detectors in their line up. So it depends how much you want to spend. Pricing you see is MAP pricing, or Minimum Advertised Pricing. So a phone call will save you in some cases enough to get your other gear.

It would be helpful if you give us a budget(detector only, no gear), what part of the world you are located, what type of ground will you be gpdigging ina and if you think you'd be more of a coinshooter or relic hunter.

consider a detector that is simple to use. Buy what you can afford . Enjoy life .

More details

Thanks for the great follow-up questions. I live in the Atlanta, Georgia area . . . a lot of red clay. I would like to keep the purchase price under $200. . . or low $200 range. I am mostly interested in gold, silver and buried coins. I am only interested in a detector .. . no gear. In fact I have no idea what kind of extra gear might be needed. I welcome any thoughts on "gear" but for starters, all I really want right now is a metal detector.

I'd look at a Teknetics EuroTek Pro or Maybe a Fisher F22 in that range.

But You'll get a lot of various opinions as usual

If your talking about actual Gold (not gold rings etc..) then $200
Isn't going to get the high frequency machine you'd need.

A trip to the hardware store can get you all the digging gear you need..I've been using a $10 Fiskars hand Digger for 5 years but I do have a good shovel ..but you can use a hardware store shovel too.

I am new to metal detecting and do not yet have a metal detector. I welcome any advice you more experienced members might have. First of all I'd like to know what qualities and features are important in a detector. I would guess one feature would be how deep underground it can detect things. I'd also like to know what brands are considered the best. Viewing some posts on this forum, it looks like Fisher is a good brand as is White, but I would like to know what you collectively think about brands. Any advice you could give me would be appreciated.

Shot you a private message...

F-22/ Garrett ACE 300

Your going to find out really quick , how a pinpointer is a must in my opinion
Dennis

Back
Top Bottom