• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Coin, Token,...Other???

oblivion321

Any idea what this thing is? It was found in my "relic spot" in my front yard. An approximate 12x12 ft area that keeps growing nails, rust and a few other interesting finds including a couple of flat buttons, horse tack, a pile of melted lead, cleated horseshoe, iron reins guide... but I'm leaving that for another thread when I get it all cleaned up. So far, the only thing I found that can be dated is a Taylor and Richardson thermometer scale from 1866-1872. Sorry for the horrible phone pics, but on a brighter note, my first merc dime(used for scale) found me today:D.It feels heavy like lead. I tried different lighting,but my phone sucks. Any clues....?

Attachments

• 102_1965.jpg
    102_1965.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 279
  • 102_1966.jpg
    102_1966.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 251
  • 102_1971.jpg
    102_1971.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 275
  • 102_1973.jpg
    102_1973.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 264
Looks like a bag seal of some kind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lead seal, bale seal.

"W" was probably the guy that verified the "200" being in weight or quantity.

Thanks. I never even heard of a bale seal before. I wasn't sure what I had , but it gives me something new to research. It was an exciting find for me.:grin:

here a picture of my bag seal finds.
wheat or rye you can read on a few of them.
Farmers needed those bags to bake bread.
the bags rotten away and the seals survive and you find them near old house on plowed fields.

Attachments

• image-2017-05-22.jpg
    image-2017-05-22.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 183
here a picture of my bag seal finds.
wheat or rye you can read on a few of them.
Farmers needed those bags to bake bread.
the bags rotten away and the seals survive and you find them near old house on plowed fields.

Those are really cool. I've just started detecting this year and haven't even made it out of my own yard yet, and I'm absolutely hooked. This property is rich with history and will keep me busy for a while.

Back
Top Bottom