BEST EVER silver hunt

aviationgale

Elite Member
Decided to get off my you know what and ask permission at this place I go by quite often, they said to have at it. So I start by this big tree, a lot of jumpy irony signals, so I gravitate toward the sidewalk to the barn. First pass I get kinda that "silver sound" so I decided to dig and first pops out one of the war nickles and then the other, then a couple of wheats and finally the 2 mercurys. I'm stunned to say the least. So I finish that pass and head back down and I get another jumpy silvery tone I dig, and I see the rim. I say to myself "please be a standing", holy moly it is! I literally started to shake a little at this point. This is my first standing and by far the best silver day. Not much after that except the IH , buffalo and a few more wheats, so I have lunch. Afterwards I head out front by the steps, I put the detector by a bush and get an iffy signal, what they hey dig it, well out comes George, nothing after that besides I was beat up with all the excitement anyways. What a fantastic day !!

Attachments

• AAA house 009.jpg
    AAA house 009.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 635
  • AAA house 002.jpg
    AAA house 002.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 636
  • AAA house 003.jpg
    AAA house 003.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 628
  • AAA house 011.jpg
    AAA house 011.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 618
  • AAA house 012.jpg
    AAA house 012.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 627
Fantastic hunt!!! Hot that place again from every angle!!' I would love to have a place like that!! Congrats!!! Happy Hunting!!!

MetalHead

That's a great door knock. You need to hit that place again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going back tomorrow weather permitting. Here's the kicker they are suppose to "close" on the property on Friday. She doesn't think that they will because of Memorial Day weekend. They haven't found a place to live yet AND I'm sure whoever bought it is going to tear everything down and develope it, cause EVERYTHING around it is being built up with apartments etc. So this is my weeks project to hunt this place everyday, hopefully more goodies will turn up. Does anyone out there think I should bother around the barns and pasture?

I'm going back tomorrow weather permitting. Here's the kicker they are suppose to "close" on the property on Friday. She doesn't think that they will because of Memorial Day weekend. They haven't found a place to live yet AND I'm sure whoever bought it is going to tear everything down and develope it, cause EVERYTHING around it is being built up with apartments etc. So this is my weeks project to hunt this place everyday, hopefully more goodies will turn up. Does anyone out there think I should bother around the barns and pasture?

Absolutely!! Hunt if you can every square inch lol!!

MetalHead

Thats awesome man !! I still haven't found any of the real old silver yet except an early mercury. Getting before that is a great job !!

Holy smokes! What a hunt! I've been lucky enough to find 2 Standing Liberty's.....congrats on your first! Hopefully you can find another there.

Thank you all, it was a great day. Went back this a.m. and found a buffalo nickle, a pendant with "Billy" on it and one of those good luck pennies encased in aluminum. Not too much else. Started to rain, and although I don't mind being dirty, muddy is another story :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom