Heading to Indiana in Nov.

Carol K

Co-owner
Admin
Vlad and I will be heading to Evansville, Indiana to visit my mom in early November thru Thanksgiving.

I have a sister that lives in Santa Claus, Indiana, and a sister that lives in Henderson Ky. so we will be circulating in this area pretty much.

But on the way there, if any members are interested in meeting us, let us know. We'll be driving from CT to Niagara Falls, to Hershey Pennsylvania, through Ohio, maybe through Tennessee, and maybe through Kentucky, and we'll be taking our time.

If anyone could save us the cost of a motel on the way, that would be great too. :yes:

Thanks
Carol K

Carol, will you be going near Fort Wayne, IN, where I live?

Scrltt641 aka Scarlett aka Trudy

Hi Trudy, well, I just don't know if we'll be heading that far north. We will certainly keep you posted where we are on the trip. I, personally, have never been to Fort Wayne. Do you get the weather off of Lake Michigan there? Brrrrr!

I have to speak up here and tell everyone if they have a chance to meet Vlad and Carol you won't be disappointed. They are great people and we're glad we had a chance to meet them. I think cold weather is keeping them away from visiting us again! :lol:

We always had a good time visiting with them and they are good company. My only complaint is that I had to work when they were here and it made me miss out on some good quality visiting (as well as detecting) time.

Have a safe trip, guys, and if you meet other members, take lots of pics cuz I wanna see!!!

Carol, we DO NOT get that awful Lake Michigan weather. :yes:
It's actually milder here than you would expect, for Indiana. I lived near Lake Michigan for 20 years, and dang, it was snow, snow, snow all winter, and many weeks in a row we had 20 below weather, and lots of 0 degree weather. Not in Fort Wayne, however. The coldest it usually gets, later in the winter, is about 8-12 degrees, but that is not the norm. Milder here than lots of IN.

Trudy

Of course now that Trudy has spoke up in defense of our weather there will be record breaking cold fronts moving in to create the next ice age :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually she is right. Like her I lived near the lake for a long time and the weather was horrible. We seem to get away with not so much in the snow and cold as the upper parts of the state does.

Carol, if you and Vlad do get to come the northern route, and come through Fort Wayne, we'd love to have you spend the night at our home. We've had many guests come to visit, especially for weekends. We call it our "bed and breakfast" and the price is right! LOL! $0! Please don't hesitate to feel free to contact me. Would love to have you, and also save you a hotel stay. :-)

Trudy

Carol i also live in Indiana. I live near Muncie. I wish i could offer you a place but i have 3 kids and only a 3 bedroom house. But i do hope you enjoy your stay. Right now the weather stinks because of the 25mph winds that blow you over when you step outside but the temps arent really that bad. Just one last thing. Save some stuff for the rest of us! :lol: Enjoy!!!!!!

Hi all!

Well, we been sitting in Santa Claus, Indiana for the past 4 days. We drove straight through, and it took about 15 hrs. So the next day we went nowhere! :grin:

The only metal detecting we have done, is finding a property stake here on my sister's property. Oh well. Not much you can do when you're visiting the relatives.

We leave this morning to head into Evansville, and will be staying at my mom's for this next week.

Hope all is well with everyone. :yes:

This is a cool little town, all the shops and street names have something to do with Christmas.

See more pictures of our trip in the Everything Else forum :yes:

Attachments

• kringleplace.jpg
    kringleplace.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 221
Back
Top Bottom