Anyone use a Bounty Hunter Quick Draw 2?

sportsmed

I'm still looking at different detectors to decide on and I'm totally new to this hobby. I have been looking at the F2 and Ace 250. But I was just wondering about this detector as well. Any of you have any experience with the Bounty Hunter? Any other options you guys can suggest in the $150-$250 range? Thanks!

The biggest problem with this detector is where the coil mounts is very cheaply made. I broke several of them. That and with the stock coil it has bad depth. You would be better off the F2 or my favorite Ace250.

Thanks tater, I didnt realize those issues with the Bounty Hunter. Yea Its really looking like either the F2 or Ace 250 at the moment...just cant decide which lol.

Tesoro fan here...

Howdy, you did say that you were open to other suggestions as well...

Big fan of the Tesoro Silver uMax (around your price range) as well as the Tesoro Compadre (well below your range).

Have both, enjoy the heck out of both. Lol.

Could right a book on why, but if you google search for Tesoro Silver uMax Reviews... its got awesome reviews as well does the Compadre.

Silver goes a bit deeper than Compadre, both have lieftime warranties, Compadre will hit a bit harder on tiny gold. Silver can exchange coils.

Yes, they are not TID machines, but either of these machines will indeed start to "talk" to you, lol, after some use.

Both have fantastic battery life, they each only take 1 9 volt battery, both are very lightweight and can swing for hours. Both have found me small gold earrings and the smallest toe ring, lol.

I'm sure the other machines are awesome as well, but I can only attest to these. Never been sorry I made these purchases etc.

Anyways, just thought I'd throw them into the line up for ya.... try taking a look at the reviews, and there are tons of them, folks seem to really like these machines. I know I won't be without either.

Good luck, all fine machines.

Have fun.

Ron

i love my 160$ bounty hunter found awsome silver and coins well over a hundered years in age. im looking for another machine considering an ACE 350 or a top end bounty hunter .....or an Etack not sure if the e trak is worth the killer cash though. I do love my bounty hunter great little machine.
any1 know if an etrack is worth it?

I have a QD II, spend the extra money for the F2, you'll be glad you did-the BH is great to find out if you enjoy the hobby, but after even a few weeks you'll realize the money could have gone towards something a little better-the F2 is what i recommend

Back
Top Bottom