Old gold in the scoop today!

dc426

Elite Member
Went out with CDV (Cliff) and Flphil (Phil Myers) early this morning for low tide. Had a good time. The water's getting chilli! I got my oldest (dated) ring to date this morning. 1936 class ring. Tested 10K solid and almost held 14K so maybe 12-ish? It had "19" on one side and "36" on the other. But it's so warn that there is no school markings or name anywhere on it. Gotta love mid November gold. Specially when it's 77 years old!
DC/HH

Well, it IS Monday now isn't it. :laughing: Congrats on another fine find there. I can guess you GET BEER. :yes:

I was good hunting with you guys this morning. That water was cold.
It is a cool ring when I saw it I was thinking 10 but the color does looks like 12!
Congrats! Phil

PS I'll post my pics later cause no pics it didn't happen!

Happy Monday! Congrats DC. Thats another cool one.

Went out with CDV (Cliff) and Flphil (Phil Myers) early this morning for low tide. Had a good time. The water's getting chilli! I got my oldest (dated) ring to date this morning. 1936 class ring. Tested 10K solid and almost held 14K so maybe 12-ish? It had "19" on one side and "36" on the other. But it's so warn that there is no school markings or name anywhere on it. Gotta love mid November gold. Specially when it's 77 years old!
DC/HH

its amazing how much cooper shows through on them old 10k,,,,and for todays finds,,,,its a great oldie and there just has to be more there,,,,,,I have gotten two really old 10k rings this year and out of all the places I hunt, surprisingly, they were BOTH within 25 yards of each other and about one month apart from finding,,,great work,,,no doubt the water is chilly and have had my wet suit on for 3 weeks now,,,,,man, can't wait to hunt without it,,,,,,:yes:GL HH

Back
Top Bottom