Reflections on my first year in Florida

cdv

Elite Member
Today made one year since my move down from Ohio. In the past 12 months I've spent a lot of hours metal detecting, meeting people and learning beaches. I knew that being fairly new to the hobby that I had loads to learn about tides, beaches and I've met some really great people over that time period... sadly, one I met that I spent much of my first 4 months down here is no longer with us... Cliffy (Clifftronics). Cliffy and I hit it off pretty quick and soon we were hunting almost daily even in the cooler winter weather... even when his back was was bothering him, he still managed to laugh about something.... we would start each hunt with three fist bumps and off we would go... surprisingly though, only one time did we both get gold on the same day/night, that was a hunt that we shared with Clearwater Mike.

Others I've had the pleasure of hunting with over that period of time are Greg (Imalooking2), Harold (Bigscoopman) and Chris (DC426). Dew (Dewcon), Stan (Ringnut) Tim (Golddigger2), Joe (GroovieGuy) and Jodi (Onthespot).....Hopefully I haven't forgotten anyone. Each of these guys whether they know it or not gave me something to take away from our hunt(s).. even if it was just as small as watching them work the water, there was something to learn from all of them. I've said before, you are always learning or you are just going through the motions... I prefer to try to take away something from every hunt (wish it was gold LOL) even if it is something small, you can build on it and become a better hunter.

Its been a great 12 months and I hope to continue meeting people from this forum and others that share this hobby... We have a good bunch of people here.

The picture shows most of my gold from the past 12 months....

HH and GL all
Cliff

Attachments

• One year Gold2.jpg
    One year Gold2.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 840
Nice post and we appreciate the kind words for Clifftronics.
Liked your presentation on your gold. The coral really sets it off.
Good Huntin!

Looks like a great year to me...

Your approach and views will serve you well anywhere with anything..

Cool picture too!

Congrats!!

<*)))>{

Beautiful display of your 'goodies' and a lovely sentiment for one of our absent members. Good luck on future hunts with old and new friends. : )

Cliff, its been a real pleasure getting to know you. I too take away knowledge from you, Chris and the others each time. I am so looking forward to next beach season with you guys. I look forward to the inland hunts with you and the new and different treasures that will bring. HH midas.

Nicely said and nicely done. Your experience before you moved here shows in your results.

OK, now I will take my 5% cut. :laughing:

Cliff, I really enjoyed the few times we met up and hunted,,,,,I will not forget the day that we were all hunting CWB and had junkers and silver earrings and you had that beauty white/yellow gold band and walked up and said, "I just found the nicest ring that I have found yet even if it is not gold",,,,I said, I can tell you, the yellow part of that ring IS gold,,,,THEN, we walked to the parking lot to put our detectors in my truck to grab lunch and Dew, said, "well, let me see it", dropped it on the concrete and said, "yep, its gold",,,:yes: I still am in amazement on the bracelet, wish I was there when you found it, well, maybe not,,,,,:laughing:I am somewhat new to all this too and learn every single time I go out and hunt, and learn from many people including Dew who I have shown some good spots but he has shown me how to hunt them,,, when I started fishing 30 years ago, I kept learning, and still learn on the fishing side to,,,,,,you have sure picked up speed and have some real nice finds,,,,I hope we can get together again next summer,,,,,,,,great work and great finds friend,,,GL HH

Sonny, let me teach you about rookie hazing, when you move to a new state you give one ring to each detectorist of that state. ;) j/k Incredible year for you!

Sonny, let me teach you about rookie hazing, when you move to a new state you give one ring to each detectorist of that state. ;) j/k Incredible year for you!

:laughing::laughing:come on Cliff,,,,,give it up! :foottap: JK, but you know you could give us all just one and still have nice pile,,,,

Real nice rookie Florida year CDV, almost makes me want to go way south on my move. But I can't leave Earl here to dig all the Bay Gold so Looks like I'm stuck here in Maryland.

Nice post. Love the way you displayed your treasures in the photo. Good luck in the years to come...

I've met some really great people over that time period... sadly, one I met that I spent much of my first 4 months down here is no longer with us... Cliffy (Clifftronics).He truly was one of my Favorite here,he would always give me advice on my Whites,because he had one:yes:
I've purchased one of his setups for my DF,and I use my red pouch for my finds,every time I look at my pouch it reminds me of him..I remember when I send him some goodies from Hawaii,he was so happy to receive his care package,truly a great detectorist:dingding::thumbsup::agreed:I'm planning to visit Florida and hope to detect with you guys,so I can learn some pin pointers,I promise to bring you guys mac nuts and coffee:lol:
Very nice display,and congrats and many more,,HH

I've met some really great people over that time period... sadly, one I met that I spent much of my first 4 months down here is no longer with us... Cliffy (Clifftronics).He truly was one of my Favorite here,he would always give me advice on my Whites,because he had one:yes:
I've purchased one of his setups for my DF,and I use my red pouch for my finds,every time I look at my pouch it reminds me of him..I remember when I send him some goodies from Hawaii,he was so happy to receive his care package,truly a great detectorist:dingding::thumbsup::agreed:I'm planning to visit Florida and hope to detect with you guys,so I can learn some pin pointers,I promise to bring you guys mac nuts and coffee:lol:
Very nice display,and congrats and many more,,HH
My highlight on CDV saying didn't come out like I wanted to,must have done something wrong,I wanted to high light his quote on Cliff,,oh well you guys and gals know what I mean..

Wow, yeah, I'd say that's a pretty fruitful year...some gorgeous items there. Congrats and good luck heading into your second year! :D

Cliff, that is a great post, and I really enjoyed hunting with you guys also. I know we will be leaving Okinawa in June of 2015 and that makes me very sad. But I can honestly say that I am looking forward to hunting with you guys regularly in the not to distant future.

By the way, that is a great photo set up. I have been thinking about how I can step up my photos. It help to have a awesome piece of coral like that.

This has been a wonderful year. That is quite a collection you have for an Ohio boy! :laughing: You obviously took to the water like a fish and haven't looked back. It's been real thus far and I'm sure we'll have plenty to come. (do I smell a road trip coming) hehe.

This has been a new year for me as well since we moved to Clearwater last Oct. from Plant City with the sole intentions of hunting. We are living our lives around a pretty neat hobby and a whole bunch of nice people. I'm not going to rename the peeps you already did but they are all tops in my book as well. This year has a little glimmer in it, so lets finish it up with a bang!
HH/DC

Back
Top Bottom