Found a couple of silvers and Wheats using Maprika

Estima8tor

Elite Member
I downloaded the Maprika program so I could sync up my old historical maps with Google maps and it has worked well with helping me pinpoint old home sites. You basically set waypoints at landmarks like old roads, railroads and waterways to sync the old maps with google maps. They also have a phone app that works with the gps but I haven't tried that yet.

A few weeks ago I went to old home site shown on a 1919 map that was located on what is now a public park. I went to the back of the park where the home was supposed to be located and pull a few Wheats right away, two from the 1940's and a 1920. Got some deeper signals and dug a bullet, then a d-buckle and a decorative rivet that I believe were horse tack parts used on the leather reins. I also found a SureShot toy gun from the 1950"s :grin:. I wasn't there long before it started raining so I left but I will revisit that site.

Last weekend I went to a vacant lot where old home site was on a 1948 map I have. The home was torn down in 2010. My T2 was being repaired so I had to use the old whites coinmaster I got back in 2011. I was able to find a couple of silver quarters - 1939 & 52, a crusty 1932 wheat, a 47th Combat Support Hospital Unit Crest and a couple of bullets. I don't know what caliber these bullets are but I find them everywhere around here, I have a jar full of them.
I know there are deeper targets at this site but I couldn't get them with the coinmaster, I'm going back with my T2 when I get it back from repair shop next week.

I didn't find anything too exciting but I had some fun.

Attachments

• IMG_20190223_095506213.jpg
    IMG_20190223_095506213.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 527
  • IMG_20190217_153509979.jpg
    IMG_20190217_153509979.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 477
All I can find about maprika is about ski maps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, but it can be used with any map. You import your old map into the program and it will be side by side with google maps then you set your waypoints on each map to sync them up. It's very simple and if you get your waypoints set up properly it's very accurate. I'm using the Maprika Map Designer version 7.8.us

Attachments

• Uresized.jpg
    Uresized.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 425
Yes, but it can be used with any map. You import your old map and it will be side by side with google maps then you set your waypoints on each map to sync them up.

You need to do a video lol. That’s like Japanese to me

You need to do a video lol. That’s like Japanese to me

I know it sounds complicated but it's actually very easy. If I can figure it out then anyone can, lol.
The waypoints are just markers that you can place on each map. Once you get the two maps on the screen you just add waypoints at common landmarks on both maps such as old bridges or railroad crossing or old court houses - any place you can pinpoint a location that exist on both maps. Once you get a few waypoints set then you can move your mouse over the old map and it will show you exactly where you are at on google maps.

Very Nice Work there Estima8tor! I noticed that Fisher and Felix took good care of you on the repair of your T2! No Charge! So yeah! What a great week you are having! :good:

Those look like .45 ACP full metal jacket bullets maybe

Could be, they are much larger than my 38sp rounds. They are everywhere, schools, parks, farm fields - apparently it was a very popular round here in the early 1900's.

Totally! Congrats!

Thank you sir.
Nothing beats popping open a plug and seeing bright silver coin.

Very Nice Work there Estima8tor! I noticed that Fisher and Felix took good care of you on the repair of your T2! No Charge! So yeah! What a great week you are having! :good:

Yup, I explained to them that I accidentally damaged it and they fixed it for me for free anyway. Thank you Felix and team!

Back
Top Bottom