What to do with necklaces ?

steve in so la

Forum Supporter
Any suggestions out there as to what one can do with all the non precious necklaces that are dug ? I have been digging & hanging these for a long time. Also have a lot of those cheapo thin bracelets that are popular. Steve in so az

necklaces.jpg

Artistic talent

If they were mine, I'd trying to create some artistic "treasure" that I could frame for the wall ... "Junk Finds Art"

Great pic Steve that cracks me up...like you I have boxes full of stuff and I am thinking...what the heck am I doing with this crap!

I still remember you digging up that big car!

When you find out let me know:lol:

wow... that necklace of the virgin mary doest look like junk jewely.. would have fooled me....

You can try wearing it all at the same time and be like Mr. T. hahahahaa i would! I pitty the fool!

Here's a suggestion...take a few of 'em with you each time you go detecting. Every time children come over to watch you, give one away. The kid will be thrilled with his/her "treasure" and you get the priceless memory of a smile!:D I always get curious onlookers, usually kids, and have no problem reaching into the pocket to give 'em a coin, key...whatever. The smiles are worth it every time!:yes:

Very good idea!~!!!

I second that, or send them to a children's hospital IF they will accept them or to the local Boys and Girls Club in your area.You have a lot of options to avail your generosity to. ....... Jan
Here's a suggestion...take a few of 'em with you each time you go detecting. Every time children come over to watch you, give one away. The kid will be thrilled with his/her "treasure" and you get the priceless memory of a smile!:D I always get curious onlookers, usually kids, and have no problem reaching into the pocket to give 'em a coin, key...whatever. The smiles are worth it every time!:yes:

Yes, I agree with giving them out! The other day I was hunting a volleyball court and a kid came over with his mom and asked if I had found anything. Well, I had a toy dump truck that I found, so I brought it out and gave it to him. The looks on their faces is pay enough for me! :yes: HH
NC

That is a good idea.
I was hunting a local park and had found a gaudy ring with a huge green plastic stone on it, the kind you get out of the 25 cent machines.
Anyway, this little girl, aboiut 6, comes up to me and asked me if I was looking for treasure, I told her yes, and that I had found some too! I asked the adult with her she could have it and you should have seen the huge smile on her face. Unfortunately an even smaller version of her, about 2 years younger, showed up and asked me for a ring as well. Had to give her a quarter instead. She wasn't as thrilled:roll:

I may start carrying some of the other junkers I have found on past hunts from now on.

Don't know about the junk rings - started new rope of rings - grown to about 15 inches now.
Thanks for all the neat ideas - I'll think about them, Steve

Back
Top Bottom