• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

I Finally Got A Chance To Do Some Swinging

beephead

Elite Member
That long cold snap, rain, snow and ice kept me holed up for a good while. I finally got to do some detecting today. I didn't have a fantastic day, but did manage to find 3 Rosie dimes, 11 wheat pennies and some clad coins. The deepest and oldest Rosie was just barely giving an audio signal. It was around 8 inches deep and it might have been a little on edge.

After going over the yard in the Coin/Jewelry mode, I switched over to the Relic mode. I put the discrimination dial on the preset and used the single tone setting. I got over a target that was deep and was giving a ID between pull tab and screw cap. When I pop the plug I found a wheat penny and then I checked the hole and found another wheat penny. I knew that couldn't be right because 2 wheat pennies would have given a higher ID. I checked the hole again and found 1940 nickel. That nickel was making the ID lower. Anyhow, I'm worn out from laying off for so long. I might not go tomorrow even though it's going to be super nice day for detecting

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_0241.jpg
    IMG_0241.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 435
  • IMG_0242.jpg
    IMG_0242.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 431
  • IMG_0243.jpg
    IMG_0243.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 454
  • IMG_0244.jpg
    IMG_0244.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 425
  • IMG_0245.jpg
    IMG_0245.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 438
  • IMG_0246.jpg
    IMG_0246.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 424
  • IMG_0247.jpg
    IMG_0247.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 422
  • IMG_0248.jpg
    IMG_0248.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 440
  • IMG_0249.jpg
    IMG_0249.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 433
"Didn't have a fantastic day"

Ya did in my book. Nice finds!
Thanks! I was hoping for some big silver today.

Nice finds!
Thanks!

Nice!, what did you think of the 6 x 8 sef?
Thanks! I'm not sure yet. I had a shorter lower rod attached to it and I was not comfortable swinging it. I'm going to attach a longer lower rod to it next time out. It may be a little deeper than my 5 x 10 SEF but the 5 x 10 beats it everywhere else from what I've seen so far. I need more time to be sure.

beephead

Great hunt Beephead!! I never run coin and jewelry.....always relic mode on my mxt.....I turn the discrimination all the way down and run the gain at +2 or +3.....whatever I can get away with......runs like champ......is very deep as well!

Id say you had a pretty good day. I've got 23 hours of swing time in this year and have nothing but clad and junk.

Great hunt Beephead!! I never run coin and jewelry.....always relic mode on my mxt.....I turn the discrimination all the way down and run the gain at +2 or +3.....whatever I can get away with......runs like champ......is very deep as well!
Thanks! That's good advice.

Id say you had a pretty good day. I've got 23 hours of swing time in this year and have nothing but clad and junk.
Thanks! I'd say you need to find better places to detect.

Nice finds Beephead! I see that MXT Pro in a lot of your pics,,your favorite rig?
Thanks! I like the MXT Pro and it's fun to use, but I've not used it enough to learn all that it's capable of doing. I like using different detectors to keep things interesting and if you look you'll see a bunch of different detectors in my pictures.

Nice finds! I'd take 3 Rosie's any day!
Thanks! I still grin when I see silver pop out of the ground. It's not as easy to find as some people make it look.

Hard to argue with silver, great day!
Thanks! I love finding silver.

I'll be out swinging again in the morning at a 1920 home site. Finding silver will be slim, but finding some good older silver coins is hopeful. It's suppose to be a gorgeous day! I'll pop an Aleve and be good to go. LOL

beephead

Nothing wrong with a three silver day. Had to get myself back in detecting shape again this year. After barely going out last year. Set for an 8 he day today. See if I can last.

Back
Top Bottom