• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Coin roll hunting first try.

DiggDugg

I started coin roll hunting, first time ever. Bought a box of pennies ($25) and went through the whole thing sorting and picking and choosing. I found 19 wheaties and a few other coins with errors on them that i put aside, including this one 1984 penny, i cant tell but to me it looks like a worn "double eared" 84. So I've got a picture and was hoping for some opinions.

Thanks,
DiggDugg

Attachments

• 1984.JPG
    1984.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 479
Looks like some good toning might have to post it on a coin forum I have a hard time seeing the errors others do. Ice

We'd never even heard of coin roll hunting until we hopped on this forum. We need to give it a try! Glad you found some keepers!

emdees

EDIT: We bought some halves and struck out. :(

i just recently got into coin roll hunting and i found a great site full of very knowledgable people, it is cointalk.com

Iunno, it definitely doesn't look "exactly" like the image they provide in the Red Book of a double ear, but then again, I'm no pro at numismatics.

Sweet find if it turns out to be one though!

Hi,

I saved the picture, enlarged it and lightened it to see it better. This is not the 1984 Doubled ear cent Die variety.

On the 1984 DDO, Doubled Ear, the doubling shows as a nice extra earlobe that is further south and spaced further away from the primary ear than what we see on this coin.

Thanks,
Bill

Back
Top Bottom