Deletion Notices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol K

Co-owner
Admin
We decided to make delection notices on threads viewable, but they are not readable.

So if one of your posts has been deleted by a member of the staff, you'll be able to see it was, and the "reason" why it was deleted.

This should help members understand what is allowed on the forum. Members will No Longer be receiving PM's that their post has been deleted.

Please Note however, that threads with so many deletions on it, enough to mess up the thread, will be removed.

We decided to make delection notices on threads viewable, but they are not readable.

So if one of your posts has been deleted by a member of the staff, you'll be able to see it was, and the "reason" why it was deleted.

This should help members understand what is allowed on the forum. Members will No Longer be receiving PM's that their post has been deleted.

Please Note however, that threads with so many deletions on it, enough to mess up the thread, will be removed.

Thank you, I had a oops misread classifieds rule and posted to early.
With this option will make it clear and no wondering where did that post go without needing PMs back and forth.
Thanks for the forums.

Carol, I think that is a great idea. A few of my posts have vanished and I never knew why. No PM or anything.

Sometimes you don't know you are breaking the rules.

Others, you get so fed up with some of the BS on here you try to let others know it is BS but go about it the wrong way.

I know all the regulars on here can see past it, but the new people looking for advice and thinking they will get a detector and get a lot of extra money are being taken for a ride.

Thanks, I hope non of my posts go that far again, but I guess time will tell.

One thing I do wish is BEFORE someone gets a vacation they get to explain themselves. I really thought the punishment didn't fit the crime when I was banned. However, I hold no grudges.

So far, it looks great, also shows just how much work the moderator are putting into these threads. Certainly have more 'bad boys', than I had imagine on here.

I was on vacation once, couple of years ago, understood why. Moderators gave me plenty of advice (warnings) about how to avoid such discussions. The two provocateurs, still attempt to drag me into those foolish debates, by quoting my posts, so they show up in my notifications. Just game for those two, bad for the hobby, bad for the forum, just not my problem, they are on my ignore list for good, they don't often post on anything else, so no loss on my part.

I agree with the hard work the mods and owners do. I have vowed to donate to this site every year and I hope to bring more contests for members to enjoy. I do hope I am given a chance to explain myself before a mod helps me go POOF.

If not, I asked and that is the best I can do. Like everything else in life. Some on here like me and others do not.

So far, it looks great, also shows just how much work the moderator are putting into these threads. Certainly have more 'bad boys', than I had imagine on here.

I was on vacation once, couple of years ago, understood why. Moderators gave me plenty of advice (warnings) about how to avoid such discussions. The two provocateurs, still attempt to drag me into those foolish debates, by quoting my posts, so they show up in my notifications. Just game for those two, bad for the hobby, bad for the forum, just not my problem, they are on my ignore list for good, they don't often post on anything else, so no loss on my part.

Hey harv,
How you been? Hate to hear that you think I'm bad for the hobby and bad for the forum. I think the mods would be wise to delete all posts that cast negative dispersions on other forum members...like this post of yours. Don't you?

There's that darn notification alert. :ehh:

Edit to add: Please feel free to remove this post when the offending post is removed. Thanks.

Showing a BUNCH of my posts as DRAMA posts when I was just having a CIVIL conversation with a MODERATOR doesn't help this forum out.

Ron, you have had an issue with me for a while. Delete this one also. PLEASE DELETE MY ACCOUNT ALSO.

I have had a few vactions from different forums.

There is one site I dont even lurk at anymore. I just told a friend about this site and how family friendly it is. One of the problems we are having is if we post a find, some locals guys go hit the area hard. Some of these spots are with permission only.

I can say this is my number one site. Thank you for keeping it clean. This is the only I recommend. I hope all sites can follow this example. There is only one other site I like as much as this site. Keep up the good work guys.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom