Beware of KellyCo. I've learned my lesson...

imagine how pissed off you would be if there was a shipping mistake and they shipped it to the wrong address! , very simple to double check your shipping address, i appriciate when dealers do that~

Trailchaser: I know your frustrated but listen. As an online merchant, Visa & Mastercard hold all my funds for 4-6 months. Any fraudulent charges are 100% my responsibility and not covered by my business insurance. Therefore KC policy is there to protect you and themselves.

I hope this sheds new light on the bigger picture of the transaction and we can lay this to rest by transitioning to you telling us about your new detector and maybe asking for tips on how to use it. :beers:

I feel like what is being lost here is that my $450 order was put on hold and I was emailed to call them..
That is just horrible customer service to hold up an order because you're waiting on a customers call in from an email that was sent.
Mainly in the case that I didn't receive the email for whatever reason my order is in limbo.
Can everyone reading this assure me that they get 100% of their emails 100% of the time and nothing goes to spam folders or just gets lost because a character was entered wrong?

Bottom line: They should have called me. Not emailed me to call them immediately.

Again sorry for the confusion. I had no idea bad customer service was looked upon as a good thing. I'll just make sure to never use them again.

Thanks to the mod for cleaning up the trash, I apologize if I was out of line.

Trailchaser.....thanks for the formal apology to all of us on the forum. It means a lot, even with being dealt a seemingly unfair hand.

Honestly, ask any of the forum sponsors and you'll find there is not much mark up on a detector but I think most would go out of their way to support customers in any way possible. Please look at my earlier post, give the rep a call and give them a chance to explain. Heck, maybe they have a secret stash of freebees and will offer you something for clearing the air. :D

They deal with a lot of people daily, they have a methodology that is dictated to them by their management...they do what they are told to do...how they are told to do it.

I understand your frustration just put yourself in their shoes. They want to make sure it isn't a fraudulent purchase from someone who could have stolen your credit card and went on a spending spree....cause then you would have really been upset.

Good luck with your new machine, take a deep breath...and enjoy the hobby...HH

LittleJohn

The way it is now

:imo:All the places you shop on line are the same way, the address usually matches the billing address which matches the shipping address, if it doesn't the credit card company better be holding an alternate choice address already on your info, or NO GOOD , to much fraud, scams, stealing credit cards , and hacking of major stores stealing info, its a good thing, that Kellyco, and others do this for the customers protection, I think you were wrong in your judgment, maybe you should have just pmed the Kellyco sponsor ,

As a victim of fraud, I am glad some retailers are at least as careful as KellyCo was in your situation.

dealing with any company when you're the customer in a manner not acceptable is frustrating-I do think KellyCo did the right thing verifying you were the person placing the order, yes they could have called you, instead of an email, and attitude from someone on the other end of the line sucks...period! I think KellyCO was smart to protect you and them even though the manner they went about it was strange. My advice-next time order from one of the well known vendor-sponsors who aren't the "mega discount" superstore of metal detectors. The vendors I speak of are all well documented on many forums (hint: upper right hand corner of the screen-take your pick). The few bucks you saved from kellyCo got you the result you got............a smaller "dealer" likely would have handled the issue in a more personal approach. Good luck with the F4, its a decent machine..........

Wow. I'm just thinking how bad you would have gone off if someone had stolen you credit card info and ordered $500 worth of stuff and had it shipped to BFE and not checked to see if YOU actually ordered it and just shipped it. Most EVERYONE now a days use email for most online ordering and that is the main correspondence. What if they tried to call and got your voice mail? You would have still had to call them back. So yea, chill out they were looking out for you and your purchase. One day delay didn't kill you. The clad will still be there

Chris W.

Not knowing when you will be there to answer a call from a different time zone could be a reason. An e-mail would reach you when you are there.

Seems in today's age everything is computer oriented many places doesn't have a real live person that answers the phone any longer. For me personally I like making & taking calls from customers, get to know some real neat folks, learn about detecting in different of the country, just nice to do business face to face so to speak.

Sending by Email, verified the Email address, and got voice verification as well. My bank occasionally calls and asks about purchases that seem unusual, and has caught fraudulent activity on my card. Takes about a week to get a replacement. When a fraudulent purchase goes through, somebody pays for the merchandise, usually the merchant, who has to raise prices to cover losses. I've never ordered from KellyCo, but then again, I could simple drive over to their store. Always been curious to see what a $300 plumb-bob metal detector look like up close. I realize they are a hobby business, and they don't promote or encourage those sorts of products, some people will buy them, from KellyCo, or some place else. Just knowing that they couldn't possibly work, and not sharing that information kind of bothers me though.

Back
Top Bottom