equinox 800 in georgia red clay problem

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
Just dug a 1 foot trench and then in the trench wall drove stakes in about 2" at the 6" depth and 12" depth parallel to the surface and place my targets in these slots.

My backyard in the trees for the test trench has about 6" of sandy soil and then solid red clay down lower.

I Can hit all my coins and trash at 6" loud and clear and solid TID's but nothing at 12" with my Equinox 800 in any mode eg park1,2, field 1,2, beach 1,2, gold 1,2.

Is the Georgia red clay that mineralized to limit my depth?

I did my noise cancel and ground balance before the test.

Any idea on what settings I could use to get through that layer of Georgia red clay?

Thanks for any help.

Know nothing about the red clay, but 12 inches on a VLF is pretty deep, yes even for a Minelab.

What were you using for targets ?

I know what you mean. On some spots I have trouble hitting a coin past 5” with any of my detectors. On other spots I can easily tag a dime at 9”. Just depends on the dirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 ringer and silver quarter. quarter was laying flat.

I still think the ga red clay is a problem. but on the good side, any target sinking over time and hitting that red clay layer will just stop going down any further.

but in my experience with gold hunting, red clay typically stops any sinking heavy items. so that is the good news not much down there to find.

Is the coin in the wood or in the ground? If not in the ground try burying it And watering it real well after, then come back in a few days and try. Also try lowering recovery speed.

it is in the ground

it is in the ground. two depths 5-6 Inches and 12 inches. clay layer is below 5-6 inches. I dug a square hole about 24x24" and then dug small 1" x 1/2" horizontal tunnels in the sidewall about 3 inches in length. that way i can insert different targets in each tunnel and check the responses.

Back
Top Bottom