May CRH (Wheatie, Canadian, & Marked Coins)

Wolf-Dog

Elite Member
This is a combined total from my last two hunts of 50¢ in pennies, $100 in dimes, and $100 in nickels. :yes:

A couple weeks ago I picked up 1 roll of pennies to look through on the way to another bank where I got $100 in dimes. The roll of pennies had a 1950-D Wheatie! :hi5: The only thing that I found in the dimes was a marked coin.

Then, last week I picked up 1 box of nickels, the only keepers were 5 Canadian (which is my record :lol:), 2 nickels that have been sanded down in some spots, and 2 marked coins.

So I was wondering... does anyone on FMDF mark nickels with 2 red dots on Jefferson's eye? :lol: :?: :lol: God bless! :D

May - 2018 - Cool Finds (Resized).jpg

Last edited:
This is a combined total from my last two hunts of 50¢ in pennies, $100 in dimes, and $100 in nickels. :yes:

A couple weeks ago I picked up 1 roll of pennies to look through on the way to another bank where I got $100 in dimes. The roll of pennies had a 1950-D Wheatie! :hi5: The only thing that I found in the dimes was a marked coin.

Then, last week I picked up 1 box of nickels, the only keepers were 5 Canadian (which is my record :lol:), 2 nickels that have been sanded down in some spots, and 2 marked coins.

So I was wondering... does anyone on FMDF mark nickels with 2 red dots on Jefferson's eye? :lol: :?: :lol: God bless! :D

Hey Wolf-Dog.... living where I do, the Canadian coins come in change at the store regularly. Given the exchange rate, people often try to dump them in the states when they are over shopping. Either that or when people from the US go shopping in Canada they bring back some change and it gets mixed in. Some of the coin machines reject Canadian, but others clearly allow them through.

Thanks

Hey Wolf-Dog.... living where I do, the Canadian coins come in change at the store regularly. Given the exchange rate, people often try to dump them in the states when they are over shopping. Either that or when people from the US go shopping in Canada they bring back some change and it gets mixed in. Some of the coin machines reject Canadian, but others clearly allow them through.

Thanks for that info. I kind of figured that they would get mixed in when people get back from a trip to Canada, but it didn't cross my mind that people from Canada or other states might dump them in a different state. :grin:

Last edited:

Take those Canadian coins back! You got ripped off!

Depending on the exchange rate, sometimes even toll booths won't take them!

Back
Top Bottom