Opening day

Bill_Ace_350

Elite Member
Trout and salmon season opens on April 1st! Took the day off. Still to much snow on the ground to detect, and still snowing as a matter of fact. Opening day is supposed to be 41 degrees, sunny and 10% chance of rain. Hope the brookies cooperate.

Looking forward to seeing them. I just got the canoe out, as well as the kayak. Really looking forward to catching some spring smallmouth bass.

Doug

Did a recon yesterday. About 2- 3 feet of snow on the ground, some parts of the creeks still iced over. Should he an adventure anyway. Good luck with the bass.

Tackle all ready, ultra-lite spinning gear, lots of size 10 and 12 eagle claws. Can of worms. Grub box packed and ready to go. Calling for a hi of 37 degrees, sun, winds 5 - 10 mph, 0% chance precipitation. Excited.

Trout season opened March 1st in Missouri for certain areas most are open year round some have a lot of restrictions. I haven't been since last October. Good luck you'll have fun regardless and can't wait to see pictures. It's changing fast here you guys still talking snow it was single digits here a couple weeks ago and today it hit 80 and the ticks are already back out I'm sure the chigger's are too they just haven't found me yet but I'm sure they're looking.

Got shut out, but awesome day regardless! Had a great tailgate lunch and me and my friend enjoyed the time outdoors after a hard winter. We do this every year but this is the first time we ever got skunked. Only saw 3 other fisherman the whole day
Pictures coming!

Got shut out, but awesome day regardless! Had a great tailgate lunch and me and my friend enjoyed the time outdoors after a hard winter. We do this every year but this is the first time we ever got skunked. Only saw 3 other fisherman the whole day
Pictures coming!

Glad you got out! Looking forward to the pics.

Doug

Not opening day pics, but the first ones I tried to upload with my new computer vs. laptop. Me and my neighbor caught these from the lakeshore yesterday, casting spoons. I caught the little coho, my neighbor got the steelhead. 4 browns landed, plus numerous misses,

Attachments

• coho.jpg
    coho.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 131
  • steelhead.jpg
    steelhead.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 130
Back
Top Bottom