Offering to mow paid off this morning!

KCDrugDog

I offered to mow a big back yard this morning of a house I have been wanting to detect for some time. I found 3 mercs (my first ever silver) and a half dollar from 1941. My AT Pro had been freaking out a little this morning and gave me two nails that rang up an 88. The half dollar was the last high number I got and I mainly dug it because that was going to be my excuse for quitting for the day. I figured it was going to be another nail...

I just upgraded from a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV a little over a week ago so I am still learning this machine. I know I only dug about half of what I should have.

There's also a cool 1961 Commemorative Chevy key fob and a animal tag from 1957.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/picture.php?albumid=4410&pictureid=58779

picture.php

Wow, excellent hunt !! I would mow a yard if I knew a Walker and three Mercs would be waiting ! Congrats on all your finds.

Nice work. The mowing offer is my backup move when I have a homeowner that's leery of granting permission. It works like a charm.

Fantastic hunt! Glad you were able to get the most you could out of the site; wonder if you would have found as much if you were still using the Bounty Hunter.

Cool! Was that my idea? I think i remember you had posted on that thread too. :D

I remember that thread!! It really is a great idea.

They said, "Well, the back yard is really bad."

I said, "Where's your mower?"

I had only planned on searching for maybe an hour, but as you can see by the amount of stuff I pulled out of there I was there over my budgeted time. :D

I did this with my 5x8 and I look forward to going back with my larger coil and see if anything new comes out.

Fantastic hunt! Glad you were able to get the most you could out of the site; wonder if you would have found as much if you were still using the Bounty Hunter.

I've hit several places with my AT that I went over multiple times with my Bounty Hunter. These were trashy places and while the BH is decent enough, it's recovery speed is slow and won't find the coin that's within a few inches of the nail. As trashy as this place was I doubt I would have found as much. But then again I would have dug a lot more with the BH so who knows.

congrats on a super finds, love the big silver,that 5x8 dd is outstanding,you may never take it off. I love mine. and it loves dimes. gl hh, oh are you going to mow the yard next week?:cool:

Back
Top Bottom