OMG!!!!! PEWTER CLEANED UP - ANDREW JACKSON 1828 CAMPAIGN MEDALLION!!! (Found with Todd, Dave, and Dan)

Isaac43

Banned
I finally decided to take this pewter coin and use Dave's (HEAVYMETALNUT's) method of using hair spray to coat the coin... when i first rinsed the coin I saw a date of 1828... I just knew it had to be good based on that date and the site didn't have any relics after 1850. I can't believe what this turned out to be!!!

Andrew Jackson's second term (1828) campaign medallion which used to have a hole in the top but was broken off and lost. The pewter chipped a little but there's nothing you can do. I can't believe this!!! It's the first one I've ever seen dug!!! Dan actually suggested this being some type of presidential campaign medallion when I first dug it. This is officially my best hunt ever.

http://www.politico.com/gallery/2013/09/presidential-campaign-medals-on-the-auction-block/001311

2d9a735a3c765dc8d3ad0a0b0d892f3d.jpg

93b52b611a98d110bfb99090416f7a63.jpg

aecc7c924a28ffa4edfa17d2703e73cd.jpg

607d673c34fa0322837b5514261f96de.jpg

5cb50116418989f028cbf33015dd1d11.jpg

I also found two silver Roosevelt Dimes and 11 Wheat Cents today.

f5cb50e7d617f7fd37c9a8fabad5ae17.jpg

GL and HH!!!

< Isaac >

In addition to those buttons and old coin you found, I would say that was the hunt of a lifetime, congratulations:D

you could never be called a rookie....with those kinds of finds and all you have dug this year and last, you are everybit of an old veteran at this hobbie of ours. way to go Isaac nice hunts and awsome digs!!

:holycow: that's super fantastic!!

Thank you so much Dsm_mechva!!!

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: Wow, wow, wow. That is absolutely awesome! I'm so happy for ya!

Thanks man!!! I just found my camera too, I'm one lucky SOB lately!

WTG Isaac on a super find!

Thank you Rebel! :D

I knew it was a presidential campaign medal.good job and glad ya got it cleaned & sealed

Thanks Dave! How did you think I did on the preservation for my first time?

In addition to those buttons and old coin you found, I would say that was the hunt of a lifetime, congratulations:D

Thanks Matmit!!! :) I'm on a hot streak.

you could never be called a rookie....with those kinds of finds and all you have dug this year and last, you are everybit of an old veteran at this hobbie of ours. way to go Isaac nice hunts and awsome digs!!

Thank you for the kind words PA!! The only reason I consider myself a rookie still is because I'm still a beginner at researching.

Back
Top Bottom