Never tried prospecter mode on 705. Anyone have experience? Tips?

tinsmith

Elite Member
I thought I'd give prospecter mode a shot. I may even hike up to some foothills and poke around the little creeks just for ha has. I don't expect to actually find gold but it's said gold does exist in small amounts here in CT. Any opinions or maybe a poke n laugh at an old fool just dumb enough to hunt a mountain creek for a micron size piece of yellow!!!$$
I can see it now,,, broken ankle, diabetic glucose levels dropped and forgot candy bar again. Skunk sprayed coil shorted in creek and all for a 1975 beaver tail tab!!!!:?:

I thought I'd give prospecter mode a shot. I may even hike up to some foothills and poke around the little creeks just for ha has. I don't expect to actually find gold but it's said gold does exist in small amounts here in CT. Any opinions or maybe a poke n laugh at an old fool just dumb enough to hunt a mountain creek for a micron size piece of yellow!!!$$
I can see it now,,, broken ankle, diabetic glucose levels dropped and forgot candy bar again. Skunk sprayed coil shorted in creek and all for a 1975 beaver tail tab!!!!:?:

Be sure to look up Kevin Hoaglands 705 videos on youtube. He goes over the 705 gold really really well! AWESOME video!

I do play with Prospector Mode some, but not looking for gold. I usually go to it at iron laden sites that don't have much other (modern) trash.
Old home sites that have been abandoned for over 100yrs, or farm fields where there once was a home are kind of fun to hit in Prospector Mode. Crank up the IM to 15 to knock out iron, and the pesky square nails cease to be a problem. Use a low frequency to top it off and it will see really deep, giving an even poorer than normal response to low conductors while still screaming when you go over a high conductor.

Experiment! The flexibility/versatility of the 705 is part of what you paid for.

If your doing creeks and so on. Hit the inside of the creek banks (where the creek turns), bed rock cracks & behind large bolder. Good luck you just never know.:yes:

Back
Top Bottom