Permit to hunt California beaches

morningstar

Hello all, I'm new to detecting and I've learned alot from this forum. I live in California and was wondering, if I needed to purchase a permit before I hit the beaches. Thank you, morningstar.

One would think it would be beach specific, your better off just asking the local police, lifegards. Theres a possiblity i might be moving there so ill keep a watch on your post.

With rare exceptions, all public beaches in California can be detected. Areas such as the Golden Gate National Recreation area or some marine sanctuaries are off limits.

Whereabouts in CA do you live?

Hello Rudy, I live near San Francisco. Most of the land here is considered National Parks and Sea Shores. I'm making a few calls today to see what I can find out. I'm hoping that it is ok to detect here, as there are alot of cool places to hunt. Happy hunting, morningstar.

Possible palmdale or somewhere around the mohave, but i dont know yet depends on allot of factors i dont hav control of right now.

morningstar said:
Hello Rudy, I live near San Francisco. Most of the land here is considered National Parks and Sea Shores. I'm making a few calls today to see what I can find out. I'm hoping that it is ok to detect here, as there are alot of cool places to hunt. Happy hunting, morningstar.

You should be in the clear south of Ft Funston, starting with Pacifica. Places like Montara Beach and south are good for hunting.

Stinson beach is partially within the Golden Gate Recreational area and you can get in trouble or lose your equipment if you hunt south of the DMZ and the ranger is in a bad mood. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom