Bad experience with BigBoysHobbies

Status
Not open for further replies.

jivens

Ok. First of all, if I'm breaking any rules then please delete this thread because I don't want banned. Also this is just MY experience and I'm sure it's a rare occurrence. With that said...

My wife and I got into this hobby because the community is so helpful and nice. You guys and girls have been wonderful! I pre-ordered the new model garrett pro pointer three days ago. I think. Anyway, I heard great things about bigboyshobbies.net so I ordered from them instead of where I ordered the rest of my stuff with no problems.

My wife, who again is new like me to the hobby, calles bigboyshobbies and asked the guy to confirm the order. He did. She (in her excitement) asked when they expected new deliveries from garrett. His answer: "I don't know the future. Call them next time". She said he was very rude and sarcastic. It upset her so much that zhe called back and cancelled the order. She is a gentle soul and doesn't get upset easy. But it was bad enough that she asked me to order a different one from a reputable dealer (even though it was $20 more).

This dealer was VERY pleasant and nice and answered all of my questions. So nice in fact, that I ordered some Gray Ghost headphones and a shirt on top of the pin pointer. Point being, customer service matters a lot. This was a bad enough experience that I PROBABLY won't deal with BigBoys again.

They did handle the refund quickly though. And again this isn't an attack. Just my experience.

On mobile. Sorry for misspelling and format.

I heard the new pin pointers won't be around until May. Big back order. I hate to buy a first run of anything anyway.

I was told this by about 6 different dealers yesterday. Of course that doesn't condone rudeness.

I have dealt with Bart a few times and never had a bad experience. He is one of those sponsors that you never hear of a bad experience. I'm suprised at this maybe he was having a bad day everyone is entitled to one. In his defense I know Garrett is coming out with the AT pro pointer and everyone has been looking for one and on his page it does say back ordered. Which he would be in the right to day he can't tell the future because he may get some that week or 3 weeks later. He was probably joking around as sarcasm is not supposed to be taken to heart. I would suggest you should have called hi yourself and explained the situation instead of putting him on blast on here. Which I know you said it's not an attack but there is a sponsor feedback section that you could have put this under.

Well I just want to say that I am sorry to hear this and believe this is a very rare occurrence as 99% of my dealings with BBH has been pleasant.
I can only attribute the response your wife received was due to the overwhelming demand for the Garrett Pro pointer AT and most likely the tons of inquiries they have received as to when they would be receiving more in stock.
I pre ordered mine the first week of Feb and am still waiting. I realize they cannot sell something they do not have.
I am sure they have also received a ton of inquiries on the Makro racer too so that could have also added to it.
We all get overwhelmed at times and take it out on those who may not deserve it but we are all human after all.
I have a feeling that you will hear from Bart or Evan and they will make sure this gets straightened out.

I have dealt with Bart a few times and never had a bad experience. He is one of those sponsors that you never hear of a bad experience. I'm suprised at this maybe he was having a bad day everyone is entitled to one. In his defense I know Garrett is coming out with the AT pro pointer and everyone has been looking for one and on his page it does say back ordered. Which he would be in the right to day he can't tell the future because he may get some that week or 3 weeks later. He was probably joking around as sarcasm is not supposed to be taken to heart. I would suggest you should have called hi yourself and explained the situation instead of putting him on blast on here. Which I know you said it's not an attack but there is a sponsor feedback section that you could have put this under.

I wanted to call but my wife told me it would be useless. Also, she called while I was working. I didn't know she did until later. I asked her if he was joking. I got a resounding NO.

I don't think there is anything wrong with what has been written. We learn from our own, and each other's experiences - that's what this is all about. I wouldn't give my money to anyone with an attitude problem either. :no:

I heard the new pin pointers won't be around until May. Big back order. I hate to buy a first run of anything anyway.

I was told this by about 6 different dealers yesterday. Of course that doesn't condone rudeness.

that's so true! :yes:
if a person is going to be in sales, he/she has to remember that the customer is the one who's ultimately paying his/her wages. being rude usually goes a LOT farther against them than being nice ever will. word of mouth is a mighty powerful tool, be it good or bad, but it's the bad that gets remembered. :yes:

His answer: "I don't know the future. Call them next time". She said he was very rude and sarcastic

That reply was uncalled for, especially to a lady new to the hobby. I don't care who the vendor was or when an item is expected to be available.

Well I just want to say that I am sorry to hear this and believe this is a very rare occurrence as 99% of my dealings with BBH has been pleasant.
I can only attribute the response your wife received was due to the overwhelming demand for the Garrett Pro pointer AT and most likely the tons of inquiries they have received as to when they would be receiving more in stock.
I pre ordered mine the first week of Feb and am still waiting. I realize they cannot sell something they do not have.
I am sure they have also received a ton of inquiries on the Makro racer too so that could have also added to it.
We all get overwhelmed at times and take it out on those who may not deserve it but we are all human after all.
I have a feeling that you will hear from Bart or Evan and they will make sure this gets straightened out.

Yeah I explained to her that he has probably just been asked that same question a million times. Still. I work at one of the biggest tire retailers in the country and I know my boss would never do that. Even after the millionth call with the same question. But I'm sure that it was just a bad day or something. But still. It wasn't my wifes fault. But we all have bad days. Human after all.

jivens,

Give Chuck at Indian Nations Detectors a call and cancel with Bart. Big Boys aint the only sponsor, and I've never gotten even one iffy attitude from Chuck. Highly competitive.

What's it cost to call? You can cancel at Big Boys. BTW, what part of N Central Arkansas. Anywhere close to Conway?

I wouldn't let my wife feel bad from a phone call. Busy ain't no excuse for inpoliteness.

jivens,

Give Chuck at Indian Nations Detectors a call and cancel with Bart. Big Boys aint the only sponsor, and I've never gotten even one iffy attitude from Chuck. Highly competitive.

What's it cost to call? You can cancel at Big Boys. BTW, what part of N Central Arkansas. Anywhere close to Conway?

I wouldn't let my wife feel bad from a phone call. Busy ain't no excuse for inpoliteness.

You're absolutely right, Martin. I already cancelled and ordered from a dealer in Springfield, MO. Thanks for the new vendor! I need a couple things so I'll call them up! I love Conway! I'm from the Mountain Home area myself which isn't far at all.

Bart has always gone out of his way to be helpful/friendly every time I have dealt with him. I think I asked more stupid questions before purchasing than one person should be able to, but he always answered the best he could and I have done business with him from that point on.

I hope it was someone working for him, that he can set straight. I owned a couple small businesses and I know how word of mouth can kill your reputation quick.

This was posted by Garrett. It actually tells buyers to keep in contact with their dealers to find out when the PPAT will be arriving. I am thinking there may be a few dealers who wish they would have not said that LOL!

Thank you for your valued interest in Garrett’s newest addition of the Pro-Pointer AT. The response to this new machine has been more than overwhelming. As promised production began in February 2015 and we are continuing to increase the production rate and fill orders as fast as we can. We are still several weeks from clearing backlog and filling the pipeline and are working as fast as we can to accomplish this goal. If you have pre-ordered a new Pro-Pointer AT we ask you to be patient and stay in contact with your dealer who will let you know a delivery date as soon as they know. We are sure that you will find the product worth the wait. Again we thank you for your understanding and patience of this new Pro-Pointer AT.

I have dealt with Bart more than once & could not be happier. He is as good of a dealer as any that I have done business with and I have dealt with most of them.

I believe you, I have had also bad experience with them. I just forgot about it and never started any topics about. Good side there are many other sponsors to deal with.

I must say that I have never heard of any negative feedback towards Bart since he was a sponsor here. My guess is that there was a misunderstanding between your wife and Bart, perhaps he was trying to be funny but it did not come out that way. Happens to all of us sometimes. Maybe Bart can chime in and clear things up.

I've never bought anything from a sponsor yet (AT on layaway@indian nations)
But I do know that Big Boys has had an impeccable record on here for years. I don't know who she talked to but I'm sure Bart will get it lined out. Probably some miffed off high school kid he hired or something? ;) :my2cents:

Sorry you or your wife had a bad experience. Feel free to give me a call direct. Be more than happy to get you taken care of. I think you will be extremely pleased with the out come.

Look forward into helping you.

Thanks, Bart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom