Any experience with Deepers detectors?

I am still baffled, but working at it, with the DFX.....That looks like it could just push me over the edge :?:  might be a great gadget for people with a lot of time and patience. Once and a while we all get  "the look"  from folks who have no idea what we are doing.  That would  draw  crowds of onlookers..........Give it a go.....Gil

The translation does leave a bit to be desired. It's made in Mexico by a French co.

It is definitely not a machine you would want to take to your local tot lot :lol: You might attract a group of men in white coats. :lol:

Its a bog standard discriminating P.I. I used the Deepers 6 several years ago and it wasn't a bad machine. The discrimination by the dropped gold method can be used with many P.I. machines and is not foolproof.
In view of the price (and the fact that people had a bit of trouble with earlier models) I would wait for the Adonis if living in Europe or the Pulse Devil if your in the U.S.
I've got details of an Eastern Europe discriminating Pulse thats far cheaper for those with electronics ability (its a part assembled affair).

Thanks a bunch Brian. Didn't know that people used detectors to hunt for bog bodies. :lol:

I'll see what I can find out about the other machines.

Seen the new Explorer SE yet ? Looks like Minelab have taken notice at last and produced what the user wants. For those with not to much to spend it should lead to a good price drop on the Mk 1 and II's just as the new XP range has led to the older (maximum 2 years !) machines coming right down.

That Pulse Devil sounds simply divine. I will be following it like gnats after a dog. Any idea how much? I know- if I have to ask I can't afford it. :lol:

Thanks again
Kevin

Looks interesting. I didn't see a price though. I like the "robo-arm". Looks light weight. And with the large search coil, ingeneous idea about the strap to leave the other hand free. Haven't seen that yet.

The Deepers runs at over $2600 when you include the necessary hoard coil and delivery insurance.
Dave Emery last I heard was having trouble with the handgrip on the Devil. Seems his supplier of the rubber grip went out of business or similar and as he could not get the same diameter anywhere else had to change the size of the metal tube. It a working machine and he's been working out the wrinkles over the last couple of years. He told be he was to visit his mother who still lives in the U.K. in September then on to Sophia and Varna (Bulgaria) so I doubt it will be in the shops just yet. I would rather see him take his time than bring out a rushed product.
Another about to arrive but doesn't is the Denarius. British built with lots of interesting features such as Andy Flinds 'Cirrus' transmitter and a 'SHOT' variable power oscillator. Supposed to manage nearly double the depth of the Tesoro Tejon and suggested selling price is £499 which is about the $1000 mark.
Trouble is most machines don't live up to the pre launch hype. Dave though has had his prototype running and in use in the U.S., Canada and Europe so I think its going to be a winner.

Back
Top Bottom