Almost Beginner - from TN

I started with the ace 250. Great machine. Than I upgraded to the 8.5x11DD coil that comes on the 350. The machine was GREAT!!!!!

It is one of the best starter machines. Get what ya like. If the ace series "which I personaly recommend" is calling your name than go for it and don't look back.

I hunt Tennessee as I live in Nashville and all the areas I hunt even with my at-pro or Deus its still tuff in the clay. But there is hope with any machine you get :)

I started with the ace 250. Great machine. Than I upgraded to the 8.5x11DD coil that comes on the 350. The machine was GREAT!!!!!

It is one of the best starter machines. Get what ya like. If the ace series "which I personaly recommend" is calling your name than go for it and don't look back.

I hunt Tennessee as I live in Nashville and all the areas I hunt even with my at-pro or Deus its still tuff in the clay. But there is hope with any machine you get :)

I have been checking out the Fisher F2, recommended here and now I am torn between that one and the Ace 350. Since you have been detecting in the red clay, I am curious as to how you overcome this, if it is such a problem. Or did the Garrett work well in this environment for you?

I have been checking out the Fisher F2, recommended here and now I am torn between that one and the Ace 350. Since you have been detecting in the red clay, I am curious as to how you overcome this, if it is such a problem. Or did the Garrett work well in this environment for you?

Any machine WILL struggle in this type of ground. Even a P.I machine will still have spots itll spit and sputter. There is no magic to it. I have used the etrac, ctx, whites TDi, mxt-pro, garrett ace 250, xp deus and at-pro. It just is what it is. But if I had to go between the garrett ace series or the fisher hands down garrett. Many will say otherwise and that is fine. Everyone likes what they like. I used a f75 for a couple of months from a friend of mine. Im not a fan at all. I don't have anything to say badly about it on your post here but again not a fan.

However some people like the fisher units and do very well with finds. Just not for me

HELLO AND WELCOME FROM SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA :sun2:
CHECK OUT THE TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO WITH 11DD COIL. IT'S A COIN KILLER. EASY TO SET UP AND LEARN WITH VERY GOOD SEPERATION.YOU TUBE ALSO HAS VIDEOS. I GO OUT EVERY SUNDAY MORNING TO DIFFERENT BEACHES. I CAN EASILY FIND 30 ,40, 50 COINS A DAY AND JEWELRY

i once found 120 coins in 30 minutes, like 8 10 coin coinspills. the rest were separate.

Any machine WILL struggle in this type of ground. Even a P.I machine will still have spots itll spit and sputter. There is no magic to it. I have used the etrac, ctx, whites TDi, mxt-pro, garrett ace 250, xp deus and at-pro. It just is what it is. But if I had to go between the garrett ace series or the fisher hands down garrett. Many will say otherwise and that is fine. Everyone likes what they like. I used a f75 for a couple of months from a friend of mine. Im not a fan at all. I don't have anything to say badly about it on your post here but again not a fan.

However some people like the fisher units and do very well with finds. Just not for me

Awesome signature :lol: " I love dirt fishing"

A lot of people are overlooking the Teknetic Delta 4000. I started with one and also have an AT Pro. I still use the 4000 off an one. It has a lot of good features. It is very easy to use for a beginner.

Thanks for this recommendation. I have checked out this machine and compared it to the Ace 350, Fisher F2 and Fisher F4 and I have to say that for the price and features it looks like an awesome machine. I think this will be the one I get once I have collected my funds. One question though, I noticed that on the comparison chart at kellyco Metal detectors website it shows that this unit has fixed ground balancing and I am wondering if this will be OK with the red clay environment like I have in Tennessee ? This is all new to me so I am not sure if it is even a factor or not. Anyways thanks again for the recommendation.

Thanks for this recommendation. I have checked out this machine and compared it to the Ace 350, Fisher F2 and Fisher F4 and I have to say that for the price and features it looks like an awesome machine. I think this will be the one I get once I have collected my funds. One question though, I noticed that on the comparison chart at kellyco Metal detectors website it shows that this unit has fixed ground balancing and I am wondering if this will be OK with the red clay environment like I have in Tennessee ? This is all new to me so I am not sure if it is even a factor or not. Anyways thanks again for the recommendation.

Again, any machine in yours and mine ground here in TN will struggle here and there. It is fixed but don't let it scare you.
Even if I was to go out with my at-pro or xp and try and ground balance over this highly mineralized red clay than all I would be doing is tracking in bad ground essentially. In fact when I hunt these spots I don't even ground balance. I let the machine try and adjust itself. Does it work?? Probably not but there is only so much you can do.

Back
Top Bottom