Jumping vdi

Jarrett

So my vdi jumps like crazy on almost any target except pull tabs and bobby pins. When I get any other target silver, copper pennies, gold rings it jumps like crazy I have no idea what I'm digging ever. Got a silver quater yesterday layin flat 2 inches down and it hit at 87,45,58,29,77 where the numbers I had coming up. I have a delta 4000 those numbers cover 87 is a silver quarter all the way to foil zinc iron. Are all machines this bad? Tone was inconsistant as well. I did notice one thing if I scan my target with the very tip of the top of my coil seems to give me a more accurate read? There was nothing else within 3 feet of the quarter so wasn't masking. But need help or advise I don't feel like digging every target out there. Is there a machine out there that is somewhat accurate? Also everyone says to rotate 90 degrees and if the numbers are the same dig but never has that worked there always totally differant. I've logged well over 100 hours with this machine and have found loads of stuff but seems like 95% is guess work? Any help or tips on how to get a more accurate tone or vdi?:?:

Your machine should not do that on a 2 inch deep target. Vdi should be solid on a target that shallow. I would check coil connection to unit. Make sure it's tight. Then do a factory reset. If that doesn't fix it, you might need to send the unit in for evaluation/repair.

Sorry kinda just ranting. lol I'm looking for advise like I said if I use the very tip of the coil it produces decent identification. But sacrifices pin pointing. Is there any other things like this that people have noticed.

Back
Top Bottom