• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Desperate Cry For Help Wisconsin . Anywhere diggable tomorrow?

I snuck out to Grant Park on my way home from work and the woods were mushy, but not frozen!
I scored a nickel and a wheatie:D
It is going to drop from 48 lovely degrees to 17 here tonight and stay below freezing for the next week - I hate this:mad:

Ya it's January and we were so spoiled last winter .

I actually hunted the park in the town where I work this morning. It was diggable but I was just logging findpoints. I think there will be some areas around that will be viable,it’s just knowing where they are before you drive an hour or more to get there. Next 4-5 days will be locking things up again...but Dew is right about being spoiled last year! Maybe we will catch a longer break that will thaw things out in a February. I’m not counting on it though,this IS Wisconsin!:grin:

I actually hunted the park in the town where I work this morning. It was diggable but I was just logging findpoints. I think there will be some areas around that will be viable,it’s just knowing where they are before you drive an hour or more to get there. Next 4-5 days will be locking things up again...but Dew is right about being spoiled last year! Maybe we will catch a longer break that will thaw things out in a February. I’m not counting on it though,this IS Wisconsin!:grin:

I wanna go to Illinois , Screw this place

:laughing::laughing: Everybody should take a nice road trip strictly for Detecting just once! I always have my gear along when I'm on business and sneak in a hunt or two, but its short time and fast work...better than nothing, but still...just to go and HUNT with no other duties...

A few years back, in 2015, December, I did just up and go!...Just to see if this is a valid concept for when I retire......I researched and scoped out some little towns in Indiana...found the parks etc....timed it with the moon phase so I could drive early am and have some light so as to not hit a deer....Timed it with the calendar and weather even, snuck right in behind a sleet event on a gray day with nobody else around....Left here at 3am, was on site at my first planned stop by dawn......

Stayed all day in this one little town for 7hrs straight swinging, never did get out of there to check out the other locations I charted. It was so unhunted and clad heavy...then drove back home... The math sort of worked, doing the ROI expenses...got a pair of silver dimes and a silver ring and I think @ $55 clad...8hrs driving, 7hrs hunting...

If, a guy had nothing to do and a small RV, yes...hole up in a little town and work it for a few days and then ease on over to the next one a few miles away...let the frost chase a guy South, then turn around and head back North...did a post about it...Its a viable concept depending on expenses and comfort level...Fun to do a bounce dive into an area you have never been...Go for it!

Attachments

• dec 11-15.jpg
    dec 11-15.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 62
  • dec 11-15-1.jpg
    dec 11-15-1.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 64
  • dec 11-15-2.jpg
    dec 11-15-2.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 65
  • dec 11-15-3.jpg
    dec 11-15-3.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 65
  • dec 11-15-4.jpg
    dec 11-15-4.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 66
:laughing::laughing: Everybody should take a nice road trip strictly for Detecting just once! I always have my gear along when I'm on business and sneak in a hunt or two, but its short time and fast work...better than nothing, but still...just to go and HUNT with no other duties...

A few years back, in 2015, December, I did just up and go!...Just to see if this is a valid concept for when I retire......I researched and scoped out some little towns in Indiana...found the parks etc....timed it with the moon phase so I could drive early am and have some light so as to not hit a deer....Timed it with the calendar and weather even, snuck right in behind a sleet event on a gray day with nobody else around....Left here at 3am, was on site at my first planned stop by dawn......

Stayed all day in this one little town for 7hrs straight swinging, never did get out of there to check out the other locations I charted. It was so unhunted and clad heavy...then drove back home... The math sort of worked, doing the ROI expenses...got a pair of silver dimes and a silver ring and I think @ $55 clad...8hrs driving, 7hrs hunting...

If, a guy had nothing to do and a small RV, yes...hole up in a little town and work it for a few days and then ease on over to the next one a few miles away...let the frost chase a guy South, then turn around and head back North...did a post about it...Its a viable concept depending on expenses and comfort level...Fun to do a bounce dive into an area you have never been...Go for it!

I want a hunt with Mud .. he is less likely as talkative and funny in the field as he seems to hunt like a man on a mission. That's ok .. I just wanna see him eat a porterhouse with his clad stabbing tools 👍 He probubly can do everything with them .. brush his teeth , Auto repairs , gift wrapping ...Ice carving ...mountain climbing ... .. cooking on the grill 😎
Bet if he posted selfies often he would have a probe and screwdriver in every Photo. Hell the guy probubly has dead animals on his walls he kilt just by jumping out of a tree with a craftsman in is mouth.

TAke a look at the image of his hand he posted the then mine ...
we could be brothers .... isn't it funny how we have never been seen in the same place at the same time ... weird kinda like Janet and Michael Jackson 🤔

Adventure sound like just what I need . How bout cheep plane tickets to Nevada for some nuggets ? Wonder if I gave each of the Hoover boys 50 bucks in scratch offs they would put me on some pay dirt ? I'd love to find some forum friends for a day .

Attachments

• IMG_1652.jpg
    IMG_1652.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1654.JPG
    IMG_1654.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 58
https://youtu.be/s8AYGoCZ1jw Here you go dew I did this video a couple years ago when I want to go in the winter I just watch this .Keep the torch it comes in handy . sube

OMG !!!! Amaizing video sube !!!!!!
You need to start a thread for it and share . There are a lot of guys up here climbing the walls and could stand to gain a lot from your obvious wisdom .
Maybe switch over to the big 17 inch coil and saw a few feet off the shaft to shoot threw that light dusting of lake effect snow you have 👍 Cut your digging time in half .
Oh , And judging by your swing technique ..you are obviously the REAL DEAL😎

Roflmfao!!!
,Dew

Back
Top Bottom