Sponsors of the NFL are hurting.

MrNovice

Forum Supporter
It's getting pretty bad when just by sponsors commenting, that the NFL should have "nipped this in the bud long ago", their share prices drop by 8%. Not to get into the politics of actions taken by NFL players, but Papa Johns (a huge sponsor of the NFL since 2010) is feeling the heat in the kitchens...

I like Papa Johns too, their pizza is pretty freaking good!

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.si.c...hnatter-nfl-protests-alexander-ovechkin-putin

By both articles, NFL viewing is down...

"The NFL also has fewer viewers than it used to. The average game this season has attracted 14.8 million viewers, down from 15.6 million at the same point last year."

From your article, Rudy..."Pizza Hut said Thursday that sales rose 1 percent at its established locations worldwide and were flat in the United States, an improvement from past quarters."

I guess flat sales could be considered an improvement. Depends on sales from past quarters...but expectations on sales per quarter were down at Papa Johns and even Dominos. Worldwide established sales are different than US established sales, don't even know why they would include worldwide sales in the article being the NFL is a national issue.

Many good points on alternative food that can be delived easily now, but I'm sure none of it is helping any NFL sponsors including Papa Johns. Maybe one reason Pizza Hut has been stable is directly because they are not a sponsor of the NFL? People have choices, and they could be choosing against sponsors...

Last edited:
Maybe not related to the NFL. The pizza business seems to be overloaded (too many stores), at least in my area. Like someone said, there are many other choices now. Personally, I'm a little burned out on pizza, don't eat it as often.

Still a lot of NFL excitement here in Philly. 8 and 1 will do it every time !!!

I have never went to an NFL game, but keep track of a couple favorite teams, but I try to keep things in perspective and realize it's just a game.

College football can be just as fun to watch as NFL without as much focus on the business (money) part as the NFL.

Maybe not related to the NFL. The pizza business seems to be overloaded (too many stores), at least in my area. Like someone said, there are many other choices now. Personally, I'm a little burned out on pizza, don't eat it as often.

Makes sense, pizza is one of the cheapest forms of food to make from what I understand, and profitable especially if you have people putting a lot of toppings on their pizzas.

Football

We no longer have a football team here after the Rams moved ,so don't really care to watch other teams play. Any time i see highly paid profesional or amature sports players taking a knee i just turn the channel to some thing else.

You know it's bad when teams are giving away tickets just to try to fill the stands for the appearance of it.

Sports was once apolitical, and an event that brought the country together. ESPN is just as guilty as Goodell for destroying the NFL with politics.

I hope the NFL implodes completely

Yep. I haven’t watched a game since this Kaepernick stuff started. NFL is dead to me. I feel sorry for the collegiate FB players who now have futures not nearly as bright. Poor souls will have to get real jobs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't watched a single game all year. And I won't until they stop being stupid. I guess that's the truly great thing about our country. They have the right to protest about whatever stupid thing they imagine is happening and I have the right to boycott them. Ain't 'merica wonderful?

Even without this disrespect of our country they are doing , I saw a list of the teams, and the number of arrests per team , it is staggering , and a lot of them get off lightly because of their status. So , even if they stop their protest, I still, will not watch them because if they stop, it won't be from the heart, it'll only be because of the money. And I will not support a bunch of thugs.
If you see this list, then you'll know why that one coach made the comment about " the inmates running the prison ". :censored:

Yep. I haven’t watched a game since this Kaepernick stuff started. NFL is dead to me. I feel sorry for the collegiate FB players who now have futures not nearly as bright. Poor souls will have to get real jobs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The shame of it all!! What has this Country come to...

LOL.....then they'll have a reason to protest, for not making millions for playing a game :laughing:

ETA: Some folks out in Cali have a solution.....get rid of the National Anthem.
:roll:

Back
Top Bottom