treasure commander

bugman

Well I have seen it all now, kellyco is selling a si Robertson endorsed "treasure commander" only $379!

I would not think that it would be a very good detector at that price. At that price you could get a ML 305, Delta, F2, Eurotek, or ACE and have money for a propointer, and actually have a usable detector.

TC1X is $279 and the TC2X is $379, includes GPS. Made by Ground EFX. Kellyco is printed on the box, so I'm guessing they have exclusive rights to the model. I've seen EFX at Academy Sporting goods stores, they look like toys and cheaply made. Only difference between the two is the GPS.

I like the Duck Dynasty show but their stuff is cheaply made. I believe they are over promoting the Duck Commander brand in order to cash in on the popularity of the show while it is popular.

Last edited:
I would not think that it would be a very good detector at that price. At that price you could get a ML 305, Delta, F2, Eurotek, or ACE and have money for a propointer, and actually have a usable detector.

Huh? You would not think it would be? But you don't know that? Why do you say "actually have a usable detector?"

We have a Treasure Commander TC1X and it does everything it says it will do. It is comparable to my daughter's Ace 350. A couple friends who use much more expensive units state it is a very good performing unit. But I'm not in competition. I just in it for the exercise and fun.

And I certainly wouldn't degrade other peoples units because of the price or because its popular to do so.

Perhaps we could get together for a morning at the beach and I'll let you give mine a try. Then you would see how it performs. And maybe you could give me a few tips om detecting.

I don't think it's so much the machine. It's the endorsement of the machine. I think what is trying to be said is there are a lot of great proven machines from long time manufacturers with track records of quality machines for under $400. I personally do not believe this guy endorsing this machine to be an avid user or have much if any experience using this or any other machine. I think it's a kin to Earnhardt Jr endorsing a line of metal detectors. If these guys and gals are going to endorse products then they need to stay in their profession to carry any weight in my book. Just my opinion..... Yours will vary

I was in Wal-Mart , I only go in the sporting goods area , and I saw all this Duck Dynasty stuff , T-shirts , bandannas , hats , etc , then I thought i'd look at one of their duck calls , they didn't have any , :laughing: , I guess the t-shirts and stuff is making all the money for them now .

I was in Wal-Mart , I only go in the sporting goods area , and I saw all this Duck Dynasty stuff , T-shirts , bandannas , hats , etc , then I thought i'd look at one of their duck calls , they didn't have any , :laughing: , I guess the t-shirts and stuff is making all the money for them now .

Ironically .......... I got a call from a duck last week trying to sell me T shirts:laughing:

Tc1x

it is a perfect product, easy to assemble,easy to use, good-looking,it can detect QTR sized objects up to 10 inches in beach, i like detecting with it.

Tc1x

Yes, It won 4.5 stars on the kellyco website, people who tested TC1X gave favorable comments to it.
Huh? You would not think it would be? But you don't know that? Why do you say "actually have a usable detector?"

We have a Treasure Commander TC1X and it does everything it says it will do. It is comparable to my daughter's Ace 350. A couple friends who use much more expensive units state it is a very good performing unit. But I'm not in competition. I just in it for the exercise and fun.

And I certainly wouldn't degrade other peoples units because of the price or because its popular to do so.

Perhaps we could get together for a morning at the beach and I'll let you give mine a try. Then you would see how it performs. And maybe you could give me a few tips om detecting.

A lot of good stuff can be found, 6" or less, which is a pretty easy and clean hole to dig. The deeper you go, the more work you have to do to recover the target. Yeah, a garden spade makes it a lot easier, if it doesn't matter what the covered hole looks like, but not a good idea in most public areas. Doesn't make a lot of sense for the occasional hunter, who really isn't in to digging down a foot or so, for a dime... Really no reason to spend thousand on a machine, you really don't need, or plan to make use of it's full potential.

Why do people buy those huge, four-wheel drive trucks, just to drive around town, never leave the paved roads, load anything in the bed? Not the most practical choice for their needs or use, but it's big, and very expensive, impressive...

The Price of the Machine

I agree. The majority of users do not find that pot of gold, no matter how much they spend. After you have been in this hobby, (1970 to present), and owned more machines than you should have, you might realize that it is for the FUN and excitement of what is down there, not how much you paid to dig a 16" hole with a shovel to find a rusty nail. If you read the pro statement from Minelab you will find that the rusty nail creates a Halo than cannot be ignored, until you dig it up. I am all for technology, hence the purchase of the Si TC2X. Designed in America, built in China is why it costs less than the $800 which might make some feel better because it costs' more. Besides, where do you think all those circuit boards are built anyway?? Enjoy the hobby and quit bad mouthing something that you don't understand and don't have.............

Even if the detectors look nice it doesn't mean they are good.
What makes a good MD? It's looks ? I don't think so... the TC3X looks very good, touchscreen and everything, but from what I read, performance is below average. So why would one buy it? I mean I am not a tesoro fan, but I sure know that many out there love them and not because they look good, (quite honestly they look terrible), but because they perform well...

We have a Treasure Commander TC1X and it does everything it says it will do. It is comparable to my daughter's Ace 350.

There are much better deals out there for the money. If you want to pay close to $400 for something like a low quality version of the Ace 250 or F2 with a GPS taped to it, go ahead! You would be much better off with the Ace and no GPS. Btw a 350 is the same thing as a 250 just with the bigger coil. If you are in or retired from the armed forces you can get an ATPro for a little bit more than $400.

This forum is really great at hiding responses to your posts. I wonder how many people have responded to my posts and I never saw their response. I wonder how many posts I have responded to that have not been seen. Probably at least 100.

A lot of good stuff can be found, 6" or less, which is a pretty easy and clean hole to dig. The deeper you go, the more work you have to do to recover the target. Yeah, a garden spade makes it a lot easier, if it doesn't matter what the covered hole looks like, but not a good idea in most public areas. Doesn't make a lot of sense for the occasional hunter, who really isn't in to digging down a foot or so, for a dime... Really no reason to spend thousand on a machine, you really don't need, or plan to make use of it's full potential.

Why do people buy those huge, four-wheel drive trucks, just to drive around town, never leave the paved roads, load anything in the bed? Not the most practical choice for their needs or use, but it's big, and very expensive, impressive...

I 100 percent agree with this guy

Back
Top Bottom