UPDATES - Montana boy in Wheelchair loves to detect!

Ok, I got together some Wheat Pennies 1940-1950 and several other coins to send to Liam.
All addressed and ready to ship.
Thank you for this opportunity to be of value.

Hey buddy I would like to thank you for mentoring this young man in this awesome hobby of ours. If we had more folks with your frame of mind and good hearted nus, I’m sure this world would be in a lot better shape. I would like to send him an Indian head some wheats and a Mo. state tax token from the late 1920’s maybe he could also start an old state tax token collection. Enjoyed the post, thanks and let me know where to send.

Ok, I got together some Wheat Pennies 1940-1950 and several other coins to send to Liam.
All addressed and ready to ship.
Thank you for this opportunity to be of value.

Thank you Beachhunter!!!

My package should be on Liam's doorstep July 9th.

Thank you Stiffwrists!

Hey buddy I would like to thank you for mentoring this young man in this awesome hobby of ours. If we had more folks with your frame of mind and good hearted nus, I’m sure this world would be in a lot better shape. I would like to send him an Indian head some wheats and a Mo. state tax token from the late 1920’s maybe he could also start an old state tax token collection. Enjoyed the post, thanks and let me know where to send.

Thank you MoBob! All those items sound great for him, have sent you a PM with his address!

Very cool! Maybe we can put a little group hunt together and get him on some silvers!

That is an idea, but sorry to say probably won't work as he has limited mobility outside of his 3 wheel bike or wheel chair. Probably a local hunt here in Hamilton would be the best he could manage at present. He can swing his detector but not for a really long time.

That is an idea, but sorry to say probably won't work as he has limited mobility outside of his 3 wheel bike or wheel chair. Probably a local hunt here in Hamilton would be the best he could manage at present. He can swing his detector but not for a really long time.

Well, maybe we can do some hunting nearby and get him involved some other ways. I think it's cool as heck seein him.out there swingin! I got a bunch of wheatie's I can help him out with if there's any year's he needs as well

Well, maybe we can do some hunting nearby and get him involved some other ways. I think it's cool as heck seein him.out there swingin! I got a bunch of wheatie's I can help him out with if there's any year's he needs as well

Thanks for the offer to send some coins, have sent you PM with Liam's address!

Package is on its way. I sent it to you because it needs to be assembled and it would be frustrating for him to get it and not be able to use it right away :) I was going to send some coins as well, but my wife put my goody box "someplace safe" LOL

Should be there by Friday

Package is on its way. I sent it to you because it needs to be assembled and it would be frustrating for him to get it and not be able to use it right away :) I was going to send some coins as well, but my wife put my goody box "someplace safe" LOL

Should be there by Friday

Thank you Patrick, much appreciated and will get the detector set up for Liam!

The first packages arrived today, and Liam is really excited!

Lee1968 sent a large batch (many pounds) of wheat pennies, Stiffwrists sent some rolls of wheaties and some great Silver Coins including a Walking Liberty Half, and BuscaPlata sent a wonderful United States Silver "coin ring" with Liam's name marked on the ring, thank you for the neat items!

I talked with Liam for quite a while today, he is very happy with the gifts, his favorite so far is the special coin ring made out with his name, BuscaPlata used a 1964 US Silver Quarter to make this ring for Liam.

Anyone else interested in sending coins or a note of encouragement just let me know! Send me a PM thru the forum.

Attachments

• liam1.jpg
    liam1.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 94
  • liam2.jpg
    liam2.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 92
This is so cool of you to do this and for all to chip in with goodies. Since he's gotten a lot of wheaties can you find out exactly what years or coins he needs so he's not overwhelmed with duplicate coins. I'll be happy to dig thru my stash for him. Is he able to use a scoop?

This is so cool of you to do this and for all to chip in with goodies. Since he's gotten a lot of wheaties can you find out exactly what years or coins he needs so he's not overwhelmed with duplicate coins. I'll be happy to dig thru my stash for him. Is he able to use a scoop?

Thank you Mike! I think he needs any semi key dates, say like the 1911-S 12-D 13-D etc etc, he only needs a 1947-S to finish the 1941-1975 penny book. Will PM you with his address, much appreciated!

You might also look in to if there are going to be any coin shows in your area that you could arrange to go to with him. I know in our area there are normally 2 big shows a year.

You might also look in to if there are going to be any coin shows in your area that you could arrange to go to with him. I know in our area there are normally 2 big shows a year.

Yep, great idea, would love to do that but all coin, bottle, insulator, and antique shows have been cancelled due to Covid. I hope it opens back up soon and I can definitely see doing that with Liam!

coin shows

Yep, great idea, would love to do that but all coin, bottle, insulator, and antique shows have been cancelled due to Covid. I hope it opens back up soon and I can definitely see doing that with Liam!

You might pass on this website to him it shows pictures and gives information on each coin. https://en.numista.com/catalogue/united-states-2.html also a coin book on USA coins might be good for him . I imagine some members on here would have some used books they would be willing to donate.

Back
Top Bottom